Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'll be checking this more this week. Looks like snow is in the forcast for the white pine area through out the week. Could very well be enough to have some fun for this trip in 10 days after all. Monday, the 7th, I'll be looking to get an official list of people that are going so we know how many rooms will be used. We'll be up next thursday night if the weather pans out. If you know FOR SURE that you are going; add your name and amount of people to the list. Thanks guys, keep your fingers crossed........... Now for me, i'll have to get the sled back together.............changing the track, electric start/reverse makes it a bitch.......

Ryan

1. Ryan (2) 12/10-13 Sleds: (2) F-7's

·
Registered
250 Posts
well i was up last weekend and it snow'd
prob 2"
it is going to snow like mad starting wend alot of lake effect the mild fall has left the lake very warm and this makes for alot of lake effect snow
i will be up the 1st and 2nd week of dec
will try to ride both weekends
i saw on the weather channel up there that snow is in forcast every day

people remember 1 thing
the weather near the lake is nothing like southern wis
people always tell me (firecat freak) that its going to hit 38 or 36 and all the snow is going to melt
WRONG WRONG WRONG
it will only get that high for an hr mabey 2 at most then you have 22 hrs below freezing
also it is not considering the sun which even on a cold day melts snow
white pine gets very little sun even when it is not cloudy it gets light at 830 and dark around 430 up there
and the whole 4 day turkey vacation the sun came out for less than 3 hrs tottal
so if your scared of no snow stay home and whine otherwise
i will be riding this and next weekend
p.s. the groomer statement is untrue upper mi has some of the best groomer drivers in the world once they pass it will set up in an hr or less
they will not be crossing some wet spots but hell niether do i with much grace
lol
have fun drive safe

·
Registered
110 Posts
well if you have been checking it is snowing in white pine and alot of it[/b]
I'll be up there this coming weekend. Not sure where though. Depends where they most snow is. I might be heading north a little further. It's still 6 days away though so it could change.

·
Registered
250 Posts
well we didnt get what i thought or was told we were to get prob 4-6 on ground now but have a week of snow coming
the porcupine mnts always has more than white pine and should be ok in spots for boonedocking down the loging roads
can i get a shout out from who is going to be there so i know for rooms

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, White Pine will be getting the same 10inches we are forcasted for tuesday/wednesday, so i would imagine it should be pretty good by the weekend. As long as the groomers do something. If they don't due to wet spots, then off trail would be good for sure.

·
Registered
167 Posts
There's a very good chance that I will be up there as well for some early season boonedocking. Last year, this same weekend, we rode 3' of powder.[/b]
hey matt by chance is your old man Danny

·
Lake Runner!
17,502 Posts
i am not going to make it this weekend. i am kind of screwed until the end of the year for time off. next time for sure.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sure is.[/b]
I thought so, This is Mike Simons, my dad is Gregg, we live across from the firemans park. Practically neighbors. Man i wish i didn't have school or id be goin up this weekend too. College exams are messing up my schedule. We have a trip planned to go up the 18th so i guess i'll have to wait a week.

Save some trails for us, have fun riding.

Hope the truck is still runnin good. Last I heard you took it out west. Was quite the talk of the town with all your fuel and heaters to keep everything from gelling up.

Have a fun and safe year. I'll be up in boulder junction/ UP area every week starting the 18th till march so maybe i'll run into ya sometime.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I thought so, This is Mike Simons, my dad is Gregg, we live across from the firemans park. Practically neighbors. Man i wish i didn't have school or id be goin up this weekend too. College exams are messing up my schedule. We have a trip planned to go up the 18th so i guess i'll have to wait a week.

Save some trails for us, have fun riding.

Hope the truck is still runnin good. Last I heard you took it out west. Was quite the talk of the town with all your fuel and heaters to keep everything from gelling up.

Have a fun and safe year. I'll be up in boulder junction/ UP area every week starting the 18th till march so maybe i'll run into ya sometime.[/b]
The truck runs amazing. Smells like french frys, but runs great.
And I'll be making a couple trips out west this year running veggie oil too!!!!

I can't wait for this weekend.
Unfortunataly I don't think we are going to be in White Pine this weekend. I think we are going to be heading north further where the snow is deeper. We'll see, maybe I'll make an appearance.

·
Lake Runner!
17,502 Posts
The truck runs amazing. Smells like french frys, but runs great.
And I'll be making a couple trips out west this year running veggie oil too!!!!

I can't wait for this weekend.
Unfortunataly I don't think we are going to be in White Pine this weekend. I think we are going to be heading north further where the snow is deeper. We'll see, maybe I'll make an appearance.[/b]
did you turn that ford into a deep fryer??

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
We tried to go to White Pine on Monday but south of Mass City the snow was getting thin. I would stay more north, Twin Lakes to Houghton area if they don't get more snow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I jsut read a report over on Johndee from Randy at the Koteka at he said they have gotten a ton of lake effect in the last 24hrs. with still lots more to come. Reports of waist deep snow down south boundry. There will be more than enough snow in White Pine this weekend.

·
Registered
110 Posts
spoke to them up in white pine they got hammered on snow
can i get a roll call on who is going?[/b]
I'm not gonna be in White Pine. I am staying up in Houghton and riding up that way this weekend. Not saying White Pine doesn't have snow, at this point they just ahve alot more right now, and forcasted to get more than White Pine thru the weekend.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts