Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 120 rev and the kids have out grown it...I have a chance to buy a 2005 370z for $2500 can with electric start and reverse and 700 km is it worth it and is it a good size for kids that out grown a 120
Thanks Milkman

·
Registered
807 Posts
Depends on the kids size/ability.
Those 370 go pretty good.

I had a 340 (2k polaris) and i had it going 65mph and i'm 245lbs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have a 2005 370Z that we have used to start all the kids out on after they get their permit. It is Fast enough to use in trail riding, but yet tops out at around 70 mph. I still will not let the kids ride it without adult supervision. After a couple of years on the 370 I have stepped my oldest at 15 years old into a 570. For Pricing use KBB.COM and your better judgment on available maintenance records.

·
Registered
368 Posts
That is the problem with this sport there is no intermediate sleds between the 120cc and the 370cc range most are a little to big and powerful for that age group there should be a class between the two. That is what you are stuck with, lay down the rules and keep an eye on them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
370 is a nice size for a 12/16 year old to learn on.......I like the fan cool part of it.. Our kids sled is a 99 380 ski-doo.. Perfect for teaching the kids about our sport.. They really run her hard and put it away wet... MMV.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been working with my (now) ten year old for a year on 340 puma, She loves it. It has given her a scare now and then (mainly due to inexperience) but so far I get her right back on and away she goes. I generally only allow her to follow me, and occasionally a little play time in the 11 acre field. Otherwise we always ride in our woods on our private trails. Good sled to start on. I think the 370Z is pretty close.

·
Registered
79 Posts
370 should be perfect I started mine out on a 72 rupp 295 sport with 25hp and now he is 13 and rides a 91 ac prowler 440lc its faster than i thought but the 370 fan is a good sled and not a rocket where it will get them into any seroius trouble. just educate them its better in the long run

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts
370 is a nice size for a 12/16 year old to learn on.......I like the fan cool part of it.. Our kids sled is a 99 380 ski-doo.. Perfect for teaching the kids about our sport.. They really run her hard and put it away wet... MMV.[/b]
We have a 380 that my Daughter has ridden since she was 9, great all around sled. Meagan has ridden my 900 and is very cautious and smooth, she asked me to paint the Formula green but I told her the red matched my 1M, for now she bought it. Eventually I'll get her a bigger sled but as you mentioned, either a Z370, Formula S or any older single is a great machine to learn on. For Xmas i got her a pair of Cat blowmold skis, after some Xmas afternoon modifications I made them work on the SkiDoo, the things we do for our kids!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I learned more or less on the '87 el Tigre 6000 530cc Probably when I was 10 or 12, I remember being intimated by the sled, but still going around 50mph and being like how this is fun when you get it going that fast, and press a little more but nothing more then like 70mph when I was young, gradually getting better on a sled that scares you will make you better rider.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Depends on the kids size/ability.
Those 370 go pretty good.
I had a 340 (2k polaris) and i had it going 65mph and i'm 245lbs.[/b]
my gf's 340 puma does 68mph....dropping a jet size this year hoping to get her up to 70-75...maybe a little gear change too...right now her lil sis rides it shes 11yrs old and about 5' tall, 90lbs and she can handle it pretty well...

·
Registered
569 Posts
You can always put a block of wood behind the throtle to keep it slower. I learned that way on a 73 cheetah when I was 10. The block kept me below 40 mph until I earned my safety certificate. AWS1 Puma's are great learner sleds for kids.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a 120 rev and the kids have out grown it...I have a chance to buy a 2005 370z for $2500 can with electric start and reverse and 700 km is it worth it and is it a good size for kids that out grown a 120
Thanks Milkman[/b]
I just bought a 2005 z370 elect. start rev. with 3 miles on it a couple months ago for 3700.00.So depending on the shape its in sounds like a good deal. It is an exellent sled for the kids my ten year old daughter jumped on [second time on a sled] had a hard time getting her off of it.Good Luck

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I found a deal on a '99 Z370.

Do these have 1 carburetor or 2???

·
Banned
203 Posts
370's have one carb, but there is a company out there that is call premier I believe, that has mid size sleds. I was thinking the same thing this past winter. I moved my daughter from her ZR120 because she was to big for it and went with a 01 Z440 and she loves it, but she knows her limits with it as well, so far no problem with the move.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts