Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got in from a 32 mile ride tonight, sled ran great. We had 6" here today of dry snow. There was a 2" hard pack underneath so it made for decent riding.
This was the second time out on the sled. I warmed it up on the trailer for 5 min, tilted the trailer for 2 min and rev'd to 3,000...no bubbles. Then buzzed around real slow and put it back on the trailer for a couple of min's.....coolant did not drop an ". I then rode normally checking the head every once and a while....everything seemed fine.

At the end of the ride I could start to feel the sled loosing up...it's starting to feel very comfortable.

Also no exhuast pipe leaks or other common problems that others have been reporting.

The only thing that was bugging me was the pull handle was rattling...I still have not done the update yet so it might go away.

So far, so good.....the more I ride this sled, the more I love it. Can't wait for opening day

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
ac f7,.... if you do start to see exhaust leaks.
you can seal it with black rtv(high temp)
it's allready on mine.works great

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan
Yeah I just saw the pics of the fix....piece of crap. This isn't the time for AC to put out chicken shit fixxes...I don't know what they were thinking.

I was looking at your fix(tube) and like that better, except that it's red. I will be calling you probably next week to bring my sled down for it's "supertuning" so I will have a look at the tube instead of the AC fix if you still have one.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adirondacker sent me an email will a good idea about the rattling pull handle and I thought I would share it:

"Mine also rattled- I took and wrapped a piece of web belt around it and secured with black tape- works wonders"

thanks adirondacker

I was thinking of rubber coating it with that dip crap. They should make rubber handles or boots for them since half of them rattle anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts