Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called my dealer and talked to service and informed them that I was ready to fork up the money for my oil/filter change (since I don't know how to do it) and the service manager said I don't think you should do it until at least 500 miles!
What gives? Manual wrong? Dealer wrong?

·
Registered
119 Posts
So I called my dealer and talked to service and informed them that I was ready to fork up the money for my oil/filter change (since I don't know how to do it) and the service manager said I don't think you should do it until at least 500 miles!
What gives? Manual wrong? Dealer wrong?[/b]

Both the 07 owner's manual and the Service Manual for 07 say first oil/filter change at 500 miles. I doubt there's any big issue with doing it at 300 miles, however.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Both the 07 owner's manual and the Service Manual for 07 say first oil/filter change at 500 miles. I doubt there's any big issue with doing it at 300 miles, however.[/b]
500 it is...get another run in unless a long trip is in the making...

·
Registered
201 Posts
After 300 miles my manual says to ride like normal. between 100-300 no sustained rpm above 8000, below 100 no sustained running over 6000 rpm. at 500 takwe in for oil change. 07 nytro, is the apex different.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:homework: Yep, I stand corrected! Change at 500 miles, Normal riding at 300. Sorry to waste all of your time guys!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
no first oil change at 500... however I dont think changing it at 300 would make much difference, all the contaminants from break in and what not should be done adding to the oil.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
You don't have to be so polite to the sled during breakin. Run it normal without long highspeed WFO runs and don't run in low snow conditions. It'll run strong. BTW dealer gets a lot for an oil change. Doing it yourself isn't as bad as it looks.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Oil and filter both at 500 miles, according to my manuals. Oil filter every 12,000 miles thereafter.[/b]
X2.

BTW, I cut open the original oil filter after 500 miles, and could find NOTHING in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts