Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh: has anyone instaled a 3 degree key way?I did and my sled will not run right.And i instaled it right.It runs good down low but when you gas it she falls on its face.Like it droped a plug.Then when you let off the gas it picks it back up.ITwill do this about three times then it will foul the plug.Do i need to change any else when you put one in?Do you need to pull any wires off or switch to ethenal? HELP

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think anyone that is messing with the timing of this sled is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
35 Posts
courter, i have a f-7 sno-pro with 3-deg key,v-force 3s and d&ds clutch kit w/153 studs.the only problem i've had so far is keeping the skis down.no hesitation or bog she just sh-ts

·
Registered
35 Posts
courter, i have a f-7 sno-pro with 3-deg key,v-force 3s and d&ds clutch kit w/153 studs.the only problem i've had so far is keeping the skis down.no hesitation or bog she just sh-ts and gets.i run the switch in the regular mode. just be sure and run hi-test.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
This is a 50-50 one....I have heard good and bad results.. From loss of 3-5 mph top end to gaining 1-2 mph. But I believe this (checked) the key will make the comp. think it is 3 deg. advanced , of course..Now it richens up the mix to compensate this...so It may not blow up..It may run rich?? or run weird, especially if only the key is done..I would say its a draw!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Will have to agree with the Outdoor Shop on being rich.. After advancing the timing,
EGT would not go over 900 -950 degrees, opened the front of the air box ,EGT runs
1100-1200 degrees,do i think it's any quicker? will know more after some more testing.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Had it in pylled it out quicker on low end lost 4-5 mph on top which I got back when taking out key

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
bpwaters, advancing the timing will create more cylinder temperature and less exhaust temp. The ECU may be compensating for it also, but don't try to get the same egt temps with the advance key. I was pretty sure I was right on that, but I also posted on the Amsnow sight under the racing forum to make sure. My ZR800 drag sled dropped egt temps when I put the 4 deg. key in it and ran more mph after I fattened it up. Just be careful trying to add more egt temp. if the ECU can't compensate for more air flow.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yes it fits both ways one way advance other retard

1 - 12 of 12 Posts