Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets's all hand it to the clubs in Onieda County for holding off the Business/Political pressure to open the trails. I talked to a couple people today that have told me that the groomers and the cold weather have done their thing and they will open in good condition on Thursday morning. If the weather stays cold they should have a great base to hold any more snow that they may get. I am planning our first trip on the 4th and am hoping the weather holds, AND IT SNOWS !

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Well the cross country cruisers site say's they are open and they are in oneida county. Don't know who you talked to.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The trails are NOT open in Oneida County. Oneida County opens as a County, and will not open until Thursday at the earliest. People have been riding the trails, but this does not mean they are open. I personally was out working on them tonight when we got our tractor stuck in a swamp. We are going to try and mark some of the lakes tomorrow, and the some more on Thursday. IF the lakes is not marked, DO NOT ride on it. We are not going to mark all of the, as they are not safe. They are letting alot of water out of the dams and causing alot of current, and not letting the lakes freeze. This is in the Three lakes area.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Half of the cross country cruisers trails are in oneida county and ARE OPEN.

www.snowmobilewi.com

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
trails are closed gates are open, what ?? thats odd

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am sure the gates are open due to the members working on the markings, and getting the groomers out. I would think people would not be too impatient by getting out too early and blowing all the hard work everyone has done to get the trails ready. Believe me, I am just as anxious as anyone, but some patience will pay off with better riding given the early season conditions. As bad as I want to go I will wait for the knuckleheads up for the holiday to get it out of their system and go next weekend. The people I talked to have all said that with another 6-8 the trails would be in mid season condition. They also said that because they were able to delay the opening, the little snow that is down was able to set up and give them a solid base. Onieda County clubs should be thanked for getting the most out of a little.

Have a great ride this weekend folks,

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
Does anyone know how the trails/snow is in Marinette county or Nicolet National Forest?[/b]
nothing yet, wait until this supposed snow storm comes threw

1 - 12 of 12 Posts