Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again for this year the management of Mt. Brighton, COSDRA, and I are working on our second hillclimb race. Depending on the conditions at the hill, we are going to try to have a four lane race. Still about 600' with three jumps. The snow depth on the hill will dictate how much room we have for side by side lanes. We have also beefed up available parking, pit room, and concessions. I will do some tweaking to the classes, so that the 1100 four stroke guys aren't in with the 600 guys in stock classes. Now, track length issue is a very heated debate, if some of you long track guys want to race stock class short tracks PM me, don't turn this into an argument. Stay posted for further updates, and if there are any questions just let 'em fly.

A clip from '07

[attachment=445473:Flyer.JPG]

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I got a question for ya, what class would you put me in??????????????????? LOL

Is there a class for " Old, Fat, and Slow" ????????? LOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
hope i can make it, im located about 5 miles from the hill and snowboard there all the time, last hill climb i only watched sunday and it looked awesome, SEE YA THERE!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob, how about if we race pinks style, one sled length for each, old, fat, and slow... :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just a question on the "long track" debate, is it looking like there will seperate classes for track lenght as well as displacement.

For example;

600/121
600/136
600/144

It seems to me that very few other types of snowmobile racing make that distinction even though one track lenght may have an advantage for that type of racing.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clay, that was heavily debated last year. I think that we came up with a very good compromise that showed on the hill.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would like to thank our returning sponsors from last year:
Arctic FX
Northern Recreation
Patriotic Innovations
Great Lakes Freightways
Brighton Ford
and new for this year Kovach's Frame
More to come stay tuned...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Clay, that was heavily debated last year. I think that we came up with a very good compromise that showed on the hill.

Stock max. 1.25 lug by 136 long
Imp max. any lug by 136 long
Mod. any track or tracks :)[/b]
If you take the Square Inches of Track, my 144" x 13.5" has a lot less track surface than a 136" x 15" and even less with the Doo 16" x 136". How would that be fair to place every stock 144"er in a mod class?

Schuss allows the 144" x 1.25" in the stock classes......

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
is the 500s gonna get screwed again and have the skidoo 500ss in there class?[/b]
a ski doo 500ss is a 599cc and at our race it will be put in the 600cc class. its not getting screwed its running in the right class for your cc's

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
a ski doo 500ss is a 599cc and at our race it will be put in the 600cc class. its not getting screwed its running in the right class for your cc's[/b]
heres what im sayin, i was racing with a 500 xc, my first race was against a skidoo 500ss, i think its bs that a 600cc sled is in the 500 class. it should be in the 600cc class.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes that was B.S. we weren't ready for those guys registering their sleds in that class. Our problem was that with the huge rush of sleds into the area none were checked for proper classes on their way in. Racers are on their honor to register in the right classes, and it is the responsibility of the person who was beat unfairly to bring it to our attention. I was approached by a couple of kids who really didn't know the difference between 500ss and 500cc. As for the track debate, wouldn't you agree that a 144 has an advantage over a 121? With that said the lines have to be drawn some where, and if it were entirely up to me I would limit stock to 128". However, we are rational and will accept other suggestions in this very controversial area. So let em fly! :tomaatit:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Yes that was B.S. we weren't ready for those guys registering their sleds in that class. Our problem was that with the huge rush of sleds into the area none were checked for proper classes on their way in. Racers are on their honor to register in the right classes, and it is the responsibility of the person who was beat unfairly to bring it to our attention. I was approached by a couple of kids who really didn't know the difference between 500ss and 500cc. As for the track debate, wouldn't you agree that a 144 has an advantage over a 121? With that said the lines have to be drawn some where, and if it were entirely up to me I would limit stock to 128". However, we are rational and will accept other suggestions in this very controversial area. So let em fly! :tomaatit:[/b]
Doesn't a 136" have the same advantage also over a 121"? It is a stock class. 700's are 700's, 600's are 600's. To take a stock sled and tell him he has to run in a mod class because his track is too long just doesn't seem right. I do agree that you should draw the line at 1.25" or 1.375" Lugs, but to do it by length doesn't seem fair. You are penalizing the guys who chose to buy cross over sleds......

You guys can do what you want with it, I am just voicing my opinion on the whole thing.

Schuss allows the 144" x 1.25" guys to run in the stock class. 20 or so of us long trackers will be attending and racing at Schuss again this year!

·
Banned
495 Posts
Doesn't a 136" have the same advantage also over a 121"? It is a stock class. 700's are 700's, 600's are 600's. To take a stock sled and tell him he has to run in a mod class because his track is too long just doesn't seem right. I do agree that you should draw the line at 1.25" or 1.375" Lugs, but to do it by length doesn't seem fair. You are penalizing the guys who chose to buy cross over sleds......

You guys can do what you want with it, I am just voicing my opinion on the whole thing.

Schuss allows the 144" x 1.25" guys to run in the stock class. 20 or so of us long trackers will be attending and racing at Schuss again this year![/b]
Schuss is better they groom the hill twice,cheaper,no mud.

1 - 20 of 385 Posts