Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[
I HAVE A 79 LYNX WITH THE 275 TWIN FREE AIR. 120LBS. PER CYL. GREAT SPARK BOTH PLUGS, AND ITS ONLY RUNNING ON ONE CYLINDER?, DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT ELSE TO LOOK FOR? THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
[
I HAVE A 79 LYNX WITH THE 275 TWIN FREE AIR. 120LBS. PER CYL. GREAT SPARK BOTH PLUGS, AND ITS ONLY RUNNING ON ONE CYLINDER?, DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT ELSE TO LOOK FOR? THANKS FOR ANY INFO!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Check to make sure the choke is not stuck, and look for obstructions in the airbox or muffler. Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check the crank seals.[/b]
Need more info - have you tried new plugs? If so, what does the plug look like on the non=running cylinder?

What side is not hitting? Is it the side that the impulse fitting is on?

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has new plugs and I've swapped the plugs around and even switched wires still will only run on the one cylinder! the spark looks good on both sides .(the side that is not working is the mag side!) its getting fuel to the dead side because i had it running with the one plug removed and the fuel mixture was being pumped into the air! is it possible that the coil isnt putting out enough power? i have a 77 pantera 500 f/a was wondering if that coil would work on the lynx just to see if that is the trouble?

·
Registered
47 Posts
When you pull the plug on the non-running side, is it wet?

Also, the side that is not running - is it on the side with the impulse fitting? If so, you could have a bad fuel pump diaphragm causing raw gas to go down the impulse hose into the crankcase and flooding it out.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you pull the plug on the non-running side, is it wet?

Also, the side that is not running - is it on the side with the impulse fitting? If so, you could have a bad fuel pump diaphragm causing raw gas to go down the impulse hose into the crankcase and flooding it out.

Dave[/b]

DAVE, THANK YOU!!!!! YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!! I REBUILT THE FUEL PUMP BECAUSE IT WAS SUCKING GAS BACK INTO THE CRANKCASE. CURED!! THANKS AGAIN SNOWTHROWER

1 - 7 of 7 Posts