Hardcore Sledder banner

260+lbs front track spring change ? ?

3304 13
Are you guys over 260lbs changing out the front track shock spring to a stiffer or one like the multi rate spring like Raptor or Stingray ??

If so what one have you had good luck with. On my 2018 800 Cat a change to the Raptor spring was possibly the best mod I have ever done to a sled.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
I do t know what it is off top of my head. I ordered it on a whim and just threw it in to see. And I was happy with the result for just a quick spring change without going to a truck spring.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,512 Posts
CC spring looks to be 135-185lbs…..
That is correct rate for the MY22 600 Cross Country FTS spring. It is less progressive in spring rate, but used on the Hi-Lo shock, it can have separate control of low speed compression and high speed compression. Unfortunately the Cross Country Shocks themselves are unavailable at this time, but the Hi-Lo adjuster could be installed on a W/E shock with the standard adjuster, or the 7045771 XCR FTS Hi-Lo shock could be used.

·
Registered
751 Posts
That is correct rate for the MY22 600 Cross Country FTS spring. It is less progressive in spring rate, but used on the Hi-Lo shock, it can have separate control of low speed compression and high speed compression. Unfortunately the Cross Country Shocks themselves are unavailable at this time, but the Hi-Lo adjuster could be installed on a W/E shock with the standard adjuster, or the 7045771 XCR FTS Hi-Lo shock could be used.
Thanks is the XCR FTS the same as the Cross Country FTS minus the valving and higher rate spring?

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I’m changing my FTS to the XC spring and internals. Also putting 7wt oil in the RTS to help with bottoming and to help slow rebound a little on the HD spring. Rear just needed help with the big G outs, other then that, it wasn’t bad. Felt the IFS shocks and stock springs worked well on the front. I’ll update on how it works this winter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts