Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the 26 tooth top gear on the 05 Fusions? I heard it was suppose to give a little more top-end without sacrificing all that much on the bottom end. I also heard that it'll slip right in... no other changes in the chaincase are necessory and no clutching changes are necessary.

....and does anyone have a Polaris part number for this gear? I believe it would be a 26T - 3/4W.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I bought one from HPE and put it on before I stored sled. Went on without any problem. I also went one tooth smaller on the bottom gear. Their Part number was 813-026 and was $29.95

Haven't run the sled yet.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
are thy still using the same HYVO gear and chain setup (other than the chain being a lot longer)

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisBum@Oct 3 2005, 07:32 AM
Has anyone tried the 26 tooth top gear on the 05 Fusions?  I heard it was suppose to give a little more top-end without sacrificing all that much on the bottom end.  I also heard that it'll slip right in... no other changes in the chaincase are necessory and no clutching changes are necessary.

....and does anyone have a Polaris part number for this gear?  I believe it would be a 26T - 3/4W.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905101
[/quote]
3222127 is a 26 tooth 3/4" wide HYVO powdered metal sprocket with 15 splines. List priceis $29.99.

If you have a stock motor and clutching, I would not gear taller without making some clutching changes, but I would probably make clutching changes even with stock gearing!

·
Premium Member
4,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Oct 3 2005, 04:05 PM
3222127 is a 26 tooth 3/4" wide HYVO powdered metal sprocket with 15 splines.  List priceis $29.99.

If you have a stock motor and clutching, I would not gear taller without making some clutching changes, but I would probably make clutching changes even with stock gearing!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=905781
[/quote]

Thanks ExcursionPSD! What's the recommendation on clutching? I heard the the EPI kit is a good one.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisBum@Oct 4 2005, 09:34 AM
Thanks ExcursionPSD!  What's the recommendation on clutching?  I heard the the EPI kit is a good one.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=907162
[/quote]

a buddy went to 26 top, down one on the bottom and used erlandson's kit. I was surprised at the acceleration, no gun for top end but it felt good. He says EPI kit necessary for gear change as per ExcursionPSD.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've heard that the 2005 Fusion is over geared from the factory as all Polaris's are. I'm installing Switchback gearing in mine which is 24/37 with the 90 pitch chain. Do you guys know if your clutches are shifting out all the way? Draw a line with a black Sharpie on the primary clutch face and the belt will remove the mark up to the point that the belt climbs to. I used Heel Clicker Hammer Time weights in mine and it still didn't shift out all the way. What do you think???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts