Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XCR Switchback 850
2,673 Posts
I do most all of my own maintenance with exception of warranty work. Do you know of a video (You Tube?) that shows the way to do this on all of them?
Take the secondary off, pop the seal, and fill the bearing with grease, replace the seal.

While the secondary is off, loosen the track, take out the 6 Torx bolts holding the drive bearing cover plate on, pop the seal, and fill the bearing with grease. Replace the seal, and replace the bearing plate (There is a DOWN marker on it). Can be a little tricky by yourself, but without track tension, its doable.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris XC 850 SwitchBack 146
1,956 Posts
Take the secondary off, pop the seal, and fill the bearing with grease, replace the seal.

While the secondary is off, loosen the track, take out the 6 Torx bolts holding the drive bearing cover plate on, pop the seal, and fill the bearing with grease. Replace the seal, and replace the bearing plate (There is a DOWN marker on it). Can be a little tricky by yourself, but without track tension, its doable.
Thanks! Best kind of grease to use (Poo grease?) also, can I consider the chain case side bearings good to go because of the chain case oil?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks! Best kind of grease to use (Poo grease?) also, can I consider the chain case side bearings good to go because of the chain case oil?
Use a water resistant grease there is a number of them to use. Basically a grease used for boat trailer wheel bearings. You'll probably find a little water in the bearing when you pull it apart.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Good to see that what ever recourses they took is apparently working and hopefully they didn’t oversell what they can handle. Yea prices were up but they are up everywhere on everything and people are willing to pay. I didn’t order a ‘23 and ended up taking a cancelled ‘22 (then cancelled my ‘22 sc order) so I just think it’s nice to see that maybe, hopefully, they have a plan. Doo is shipping and a dealer talked about only 1 out of 60 was complete with no eta on parts for the other 59, sounds like they’re shipping to say they’re shipping.

·
Registered
Matryx Assault 850 and Fully Loaded Titan Beast
3,002 Posts
I could lay out a long list of things we could all cry about being more expensive today. Snowmobiles are just one of them.
Would be a much shorter conversation to list what hasn't gone up in price?

For those of us that didn't need a new 2023 sled, truck, trailer, gear of any kind and are already "Ready". (That's a good thing.)
Food and Gas may be the biggest things that hurt if you are all set without buying anything that's 2023 to go riding this year.

I did Snowcheck a BOOST but I'm still as hesitant about actually taking it when it comes in as I was when I ordered.
My dealer at the Snowcheck time said not to worry about it. If I wanted to back out of it when it arrives he would gladly give me my $500 deposit back. I wonder if he still feels the same today? :unsure:

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
3,087 Posts
Was at my dealer yesterday, he told me he had a new sled come in. Even he commented that it was good to see it show up, given how supply of everything else has been. Didn't ask what it was.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I could lay out a long list of things we could all cry about being more expensive today. Snowmobiles are just one of them.
Would be a much shorter conversation to list what hasn't gone up in price?

For those of us that didn't need a new 2023 sled, truck, trailer, gear of any kind and are already "Ready". (That's a good thing.)
Food and Gas may be the biggest things that hurt if you are all set without buying anything that's 2023 to go riding this year.

I did Snowcheck a BOOST but I'm still as hesitant about actually taking it when it comes in as I was when I ordered.
My dealer at the Snowcheck time said not to worry about it. If I wanted to back out of it when it arrives he would gladly give me my $500 deposit back. I wonder if he still feels the same today?
:unsure:
Your comment in the bold could be a very good question come November/December. Spending all summer thinking about buying an overpriced sled when I already have one in the garage has me regretting my purchase right now. Hopefully that changes come Fall/early winter. I know it won't if the sled is late and we don't have early ice or snow.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts