Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did 23 miles of some pretty challengin trails yesterday. I might get a load of crap for this post but... oh well. As I said, 23 miles of intense technical trails, on the dirtbike!! Haha, seriously though, I LOVE sledding an will admit that there is nothing like it. But, someone told me recently that... the reason why the state of NH has so many snowmobile trails, an why the NHSA has been so successful in openin up 6800 miles of trails, is............ BECAUSE YOU CAN'T RIDE THEM!!!! I got out of this sport this year, not by choice, financially I had to with a new roof on my house an a baby due in early Feb. I will get back into it, but there's no way I'm spendin the money I have in the past to do this sport, it's too short, an there's nowhere to ride the way I want.(freeride) With the dirtbike I can goto the tracks build jumps, do freestyle if I want to, go as FAST as I possibly can in harescrambles an push the limits of my ridin in enduros or just go for a nice trail ride at one of the local areas. But, yes, ridin is limited. But here's my point, if these winters keep goin like this, is everyone on here gonna keep driving 3+ hours just to get some ok riding in? I know I'm not, next year I'm gonna buy a few year old sled, an if it snows I'll ride, an if it doesn't, I'll ride. But, I think it's time snowmobilers an atvers started workin together here to keep not only snowmobile trails open, but atv trails open as well, cuz they're tryin to get them ALL shut down! Cuz I know I'm not the only one goin this route, an you might find yourself doin it too!

Here's a couple pics of yesterday, no pics of the dirtbike only cuz I was the one takin the pics, when the weather gives ya lemons, make lemonade!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It's land owners who shut the trails down, because of a few reckless people who do not repsect there land!! I know I wouldn't want a bunch of ohrv vehicles on my land tearing it all too shit. I like Atv's too!! I use too have one, but when it is muddy like it is now we need too respect the landowners. Thats why the trails get closed down. When you have 2-3 feet of snow it's a differant story. Thats why NHSA has made it what it is today. I know what you mean though about getting out and getting into ATv's
Cuz I know I'm not the only one goin this route, an you might find yourself doin it too![/b]
I have been thinking about a 4 wheeler again myself.

There is a nice page for atver's http://www.nhatv.com/

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's land owners who shut the trails down, because of a few reckless people who do not repsect there land!! I know I wouldn't want a bunch of ohrv vehicles on my land tearing it all too shit. I like Atv's too!! I use too have one, but when it is muddy like it is now we need too respect the landowners. Thats why the trails get closed down. When you have 2-3 feet of snow it's a differant story. Thats why NHSA has made it what it is today. I know what you mean though about getting out and getting into ATv's I have been thinking about a 4 wheeler again myself.

There is a nice page for atver's http://www.nhatv.com/[/b]
Beleive me, I in no way started this thread to bash snowmobilin or talk about who get's trails opened an what not. Cuz, I LOVE snowmobilin. If I didn't have to sell my sled this year, I'd be as frustrated as everyone else is right now. But, it's the same with anything though, it's always a few bad apples, even with snowmobiling that it gets shut down. Yes, it's a little less of a big deal with a sled cuz there isn't that much damage, but... not respecting land owners is not respecting landowners whether it's piping your machine wicked loud, or riding without permission. The main reason atv's haven't gotten the trails is because they have just started to get organized into clubs who are now working extremely hard caring for trail systems! That, an most of the registration money from ALL ohrv's goin into the NHSA an local club grants! All I'm sayin is, if anyone's thinkin that they might want to get into atving, or back into it, get involved now, cuz now is when the clubs need as much help as they can!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pics were taken at the tricounty atv club trail system. runs in hillsboro through a few other towns about 45 miles of trails. In jeopardy of bein shut down because of stupid 4x4 trucks goin in an ruining work that the club has worked real hard on to maintain!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm with you Manch, however still have the sleds and always will. My motto is: I will be riding my bike or sled as long as I throw my leg over it.

Had the two for yesterday, squeezed in a little surf (knee to waist and glassy) then ripped 35 laps on my private track yesterday in Southern NH for the 4th time in the last 3 weeks (1st time ever in January).

"Roost on" in dirt and hopefully snow this weekend up North.

Ride On.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That, an most of the registration money from ALL ohrv's goin into the NHSA an local club grants! All I'm sayin is, if anyone's thinkin that they might want to get into atving, or back into it, get involved now, cuz now is when the clubs need as much help as they can![/b]
Just to set the record straight...NHSA gets no money from the State...not from either registration fee...snowmobile or atv. Their funding comes from members and fundrasing efforts...like the grass drags & watercrossing they have in Freemont NH every fall. The clubs get grant in aid from the registration money, and the atv clubs are eligible to receive their share (which is more money than the snowmobile fund is now) if they're organized and apply for the funds!

That is why I say The State of NH has a lot of balls taking the money for 4 and 2 wheeled off road bikes and atv's and not doing a better job of providing more places to ride them. Snowmobiling, was where atv's and dirt bikes are now, but they organized and worked with the State to educate their riders to follow the laws (for the most part) and respect the wishes of landowners.

In order to get more land opened to atv's and dirt bikes...these riders need to stop the illegal riding on land where they aren't wanted. I see your pictures are in a sand pit...I trust you have written permission from the landowner to be there...but if you don't then, you are adding to the problem you're complaining about!

Manch...you're a good guy...I think you have legitamate complaints...but to get the problems fixed you have to start at the beginning...you can't tresspass and THEN ask for permission to be there! That's not how it works!

·
Registered
614 Posts
pics were taken at the tricounty atv club trail system. runs in hillsboro through a few other towns about 45 miles of trails. In jeopardy of bein shut down because of stupid 4x4 trucks goin in an ruining work that the club has worked real hard on to maintain![/b]
Hey please send me the info on 4x4 trucks on atv trails .
I am sure they are not part of the 4wd association here in nh .
we have lots of land secured for our sport and there is alot of 4x4 trails in hillsboro area .
are you sure you were on atv only trails.
4wd trucks are not stupid!!
bgblock

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
didn't mean to offend bgblock but... my buddie is a very active member of the tricounty club, an he said 4x4's are the biggest reason landowners are starting to pull the plug on access to their land, an that's the facts! I have no problem with 4x4 trucks I would gladly share trails with them, if they helped maintain them! If they do great, but, I seriously don't know. All I know is what I'm told from a friend who is an active member of the club!

·
Registered
614 Posts
didn't mean to offend bgblock but... my buddie is a very active member of the tricounty club, an he said 4x4's are the biggest reason landowners are starting to pull the plug on access to their land, an that's the facts! I have no problem with 4x4 trucks I would gladly share trails with them, if they helped maintain them! If they do great, but, I seriously don't know. All I know is what I'm told from a friend who is an active member of the club![/b]
No problem if youll ask him the particular trails . I will report to who needs to know .
Its probably renegade wheelers.
but id still like to know.
bgblock

·
Registered
623 Posts
Interesting ....
hikers complain about horses and dirtbikes screwing up the trails
Dirtbikers complain about the quads screwing up the trails
quad guys complain about the 4x4 guys

Who do the 4x4 guys complain about???

·
Registered
140 Posts
Interesting ....

Who do the 4x4 guys complain about???[/b]
They complain when they hit a bump and chip their teeth on the beerbottle!!! :banana: :beer: :drunk:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Interesting ....

Who do the 4x4 guys complain about???[/b]
Pretty much dont complain about other wheeled or non wheeled community that for sure .
The wheelin and drinking issue is non existent in our community.
Probably the reason we have a kick but amount of wheelin on private land .
And really getting closer on the public land.
bgblock

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice Manch, looks like you had fun. Is that the pit you were telling me about? I've been seriously considering buying a dirtbike for the summer, and prob winter too the way its looking.[/b]
Hey, no, that's not the pit I was talkin about jesse. The one I was talkin about is... about 50 times bigger than that! There's not many "legal" places to ride like that anymore though, it sucks! but, there are a few! An.. there are more an more tracks goin in all over the place. Plus, all you need is some dirt an a ramp to do freestyle, that an some courage! Haha, I'm goin down to PA in April to do some "freeridin" in the coal mine region. Insane riding down there, closest you can get to ridin the doons in california! Just do a search for PA riding, on youtube, you'll see what I mean. The guys in the videos are kinda weak riders, but.. you get to see some of the scenery, an that's only a small portion of what's down there. Just picture 20,000 acres of free riding!

Also, I'm not really complainin about the 4x4's. I could care less if they are there, but, if they are getting trails shut down, THAT's when I start to care! An, honestly, they were just a bunch of kids, couldn't have been over 19! The trail that they were on was... the hillsboro trail that goes out behind the auto dealership, the trail is kinda made up of old roads so.. they probably think they're entitled to go up. Plus, I don't think there are any signs tellin them not to go in either! So, I can't exactly blame them, if they were blowin past signs, then I could!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.