Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the 600.didnt sell, they would not produce it. Not every person a is a gen z Gung ho young person who only rides a 1⁰⁰,0⁰⁰,000 hp sled. And back in the day 600 could give a 800 sled a run in tight trails. BTW
The quote that 600 cc sled makes a poor choice for mountain riders is pure b.s. that quote is ignorant and honestly the person that said that has NO idea what makes up a market. My old 600 cat m.c was ridden in 5ft of snow in the u.p..hmmm did well. So know your facts before you embarrass yourself.

·
Registered
905 Posts
If the 600.didnt sell, they would not produce it. Not every person a is a gen z Gung ho young person who only rides a 1⁰⁰,0⁰⁰,000 hp sled. And back in the day 600 could give a 800 sled a run in tight trails. BTW
The quote that 600 cc sled makes a poor choice for mountain riders is pure b.s. that quote is ignorant and honestly the person that said that has NO idea what makes up a market. My old 600 cat m.c was ridden in 5ft of snow in the u.p..hmmm did well. So know your facts before you embarrass yourself.
Cat doesn't even sell a 600 powered mountain sled or crossover...

·
Registered
1,618 Posts

I cant totally agree with you statement on the UP snow. Out west in the mountains the terrain and snow is nowhere near the same as the UP. 5 foot of flat land vs 5 up of steep and deep with altitude stealing all your power is way different. I ride in both places and they take two different sleds and two different setups. Snow is not snow it changes from location to location. Again if you have been west you would have seen the changes.

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
If you rode that sled out west at elevation you would definately notice the 30 percent horsepower loss.That why everybody runs turbos and huge engines at high elevation.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
My son and I went to Togwotee this past January. We rented 600 RMK 155s. Got around fine, but tippy as all hell (hated that). I wish they offered a 155 with a 42" front end. I would give up the "sidehill" ability for stable trail traits. We rode from 8000-10000+ altitude and lack of power was not an issue when we were there in those specific snow conditions.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I was just saying numerically the 600 class doesn’t sell like the big bore sleds do. Big difference. If you like them or not that’s for each individual to decide. The small sleds have been on the decline for years.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I was just saying numerically the 600 class doesn’t sell like the big bore sleds do. Big difference. If you like them or not that’s for each individual to decide. The small sleds have been on the decline for years.
It depends on the region. Where I live, hardly anyone goes past the 600 because you are over buying a sled you cannot use to potential. I might see 2-3 800 class sleds a month from local folks. Insurance alone keeps me on a 6. About $300 a year savings in my situation.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Word has it the new chassis will be 600 only next year. New big bore in the works that isn't going to be ready yet.
Because people like to talk. It will be 600, 800 and what ever else is ready. Personally I will never go over 600. It's perfect for me.
That's gotta be fake news. The chassis should have been designed around an 800 from day one, the 800's are huge money makers... $5 in additional raw material but a sticker price increase of $1,000. Plus a 600 would be useless in a mountain sled. When the Procross came out it didn't even have a 600 until year 3.
You heard it here first folks;)

Reactions: EvilBird

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Sad but true. Makes me really wonder wtf Textron knows about snowmobiling. First all the Blast variants and now no big bore :unsure:
My thought is pipe configuration, maybe enough room for the 600 pipe to fit without modification but not enough room for the 800 pipe, and instead of reworking it with another larger engine replacing it they left it alone?

41 - 60 of 89 Posts