Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Why would they go away from the tall a-arms?
I don't think they will be getting away from the tall spindles. I remember reading something a couple years ago about the upcoming Cat chassis and an engineer or designer mentioned that Cat felt the tall spindles were a signature of Arctic Cat. Obviously, it's an effective front end and there is no need to reinvent the wheel. I'm sure it will be the same, but look different. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
7,666 Posts
I don't think they will be getting away from the tall spindles. I remember reading something a couple years ago about the upcoming Cat chassis and an engineer or designer mentioned that Cat felt the tall spindles were a signature of Arctic Cat. Obviously, it's an effective front end and there is no need to reinvent the wheel. I'm sure it will be the same, but look different. If that makes any sense.
Evidently Cat never learned a lesson from years ago when polaris went years without much new innovation.Whether its right or wrong people get bored with the same thing and start looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Evidently Cat never learned a lesson from years ago when polaris went years without much new innovation.Whether its right or wrong people get bored with the same thing and start looking elsewhere.
I don't have an issue with Cat using a similar version of the front suspension, especially from an aesthetics standpoint. The Matryx and Axys front end is identical. Doo spindles have a distinct look to them too. It helps with brand identity in my opinion.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yet you may have bought the 20 plus year run of the IFS Indy chassis? Just asking mind you.
That chassis helped Polaris dominate the market for almost the entirety of that chassis run. First with the original chassis, then the Wedge, then the Evo, then the Gen 2. Unfortunately for Polaris they tried to get a little too much juice out of that basic chassis. I also think Polaris started putting more focus on ATV/UTV sales at that time and clearly that was a better decision for the company.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Word has it the new chassis will be 600 only next year. New big bore in the works that isn't going to be ready yet.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Word has it the new chassis will be 600 only next year. New big bore in the works that isn't going to be ready yet.
That seems odd to me if true. Both the 600 and 800 have been out for some time now...why limit sales to just the 600? Many guys simply won't buy a 600 anymore.

Now, I could see a 600 only situation for this year, perhaps for the snoX and XC racers.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,569 Posts

• Centralized

CENTRALIZED MASS
    Our all-new design centralizes the weight of the sled, resulting in a lower center of gravity. This allows for better control, easier cornering and optimized traction — everything you need to make every ride one to remember.

• Lightweight

LIGHTWEIGHT
    We designed the entire sled to prioritize weight reduction while maintaining strength. This improves the power to weight ratio, giving everyone a more exciting and confidence-inspiring ride.

• Improved

IMPROVED ERGONOMICS
    The all-new platform allows riders to move around more comfortably, sitting or standing, in all kinds of terrain. We’ve perfected everything from foot wells to running boards to handlebars to seats to the shape of the chassis to embolden you to take on new challenges.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
That seems odd to me if true. Both the 600 and 800 have been out for some time now...why limit sales to just the 600? Many guys simply won't buy a 600 anymore.

Now, I could see a 600 only situation for this year, perhaps for the snoX and XC racers.
Just reporting what I heard. I was at the local dealer inquiring about a new sled and we got into conversation, and he said that was the plan as far as he understood it.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
I don’t understand. Are you saying it coming in only 600 is BS ? I’m just saying from a business aspect the 600 class is dead. So I dont get why they would focus on that first instead of second . You might not have a choice in next few years if you were to buy a new sled 600 is on last legs. And I’m not know king them I’m simply saying from a numbers standpoint and the poo650 basically upped the ante like what doo did with the 850. And as you see the 800s are almost gone.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
That's gotta be fake news. The chassis should have been designed around an 800 from day one, the 800's are huge money makers... $5 in additional raw material but a sticker price increase of $1,000. Plus a 600 would be useless in a mountain sled. When the Procross came out it didn't even have a 600 until year 3.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That's gotta be fake news. The chassis should have been designed around an 800 from day one, the 800's are huge money makers... $5 in additional raw material but a sticker price increase of $1,000. Plus a 600 would be useless in a mountain sled. When the Procross came out it didn't even have a 600 until year 3.
The 6 and 8 are the same size. Just bigger holes in the 8. Again, people like to talk.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts