Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Seem legit to me. Concept drawing or renderings rarely include the required reflective decals. There's also details like the correct master cylinder the skid on the race sled looks correct.

Looks like a mix of Doo and a Taiga to me. The spindles look straight up Ski Doo to me.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Why would they go away from the tall a-arms?
I don't think they will be getting away from the tall spindles. I remember reading something a couple years ago about the upcoming Cat chassis and an engineer or designer mentioned that Cat felt the tall spindles were a signature of Arctic Cat. Obviously, it's an effective front end and there is no need to reinvent the wheel. I'm sure it will be the same, but look different. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Evidently Cat never learned a lesson from years ago when polaris went years without much new innovation.Whether its right or wrong people get bored with the same thing and start looking elsewhere.
I don't have an issue with Cat using a similar version of the front suspension, especially from an aesthetics standpoint. The Matryx and Axys front end is identical. Doo spindles have a distinct look to them too. It helps with brand identity in my opinion.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yet you may have bought the 20 plus year run of the IFS Indy chassis? Just asking mind you.
That chassis helped Polaris dominate the market for almost the entirety of that chassis run. First with the original chassis, then the Wedge, then the Evo, then the Gen 2. Unfortunately for Polaris they tried to get a little too much juice out of that basic chassis. I also think Polaris started putting more focus on ATV/UTV sales at that time and clearly that was a better decision for the company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts