Hardcore Sledder banner

2022 ??

12K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  1fast444 
#1 ·
What would everyones thoughts be of a 2022 XCR 650/850 129"/137" in the Matryx chassis for consumers, with NEW Velocity front shocks with Hi/Low and Rebound, and also a "new model" based off the XCR but called a Matryx PRO-X 650/850 engines with slightly longer shocks NON-Velocity with Hi/Lo and Rebound, and a little longer Front shock length for more ride height and better ditch banging, 137" track length, almost like a shorter Assault for ditch bangin! Lets here it...

#6 ·
If the velocity shocks are anything like I think they are(similar to the position sensitive fox shocks a few years ago), then do not name it the XCR. Come up with a different name. XCR imo should be based as an aggressive riden cross country sled on actual variations of snow. Not flat ice x-country racing. XCR name deserves aggressive shocks. Not sensitive rider shocks.

#23 ·
Since we're talking 2022... I would be very disappointed to not see a Rush Matryx, because back in 2015 a Polaris engineering rep said the Pro-XC had a ton of untapped potential. Hard to believe something so great that it was "just scratching the surface" would be completely forgotten about.

#26 ·
My only concern to be honest is the engine in my 21. I just don't have a huge amount of faith in the whole Patriot engine program. The run quality / economy will be what I am looking at along with longevity. I don't care if my new 850 goes 20,000 km. But it better go 12,000 km for me to rack a season up on it. I would be happy with that if it runs consistent and well.

For 20200 Polaris doesn't need to do much if they have the ride quality and handling dialed on the new Matryx sleds they will sell plenty. Really think there engine platform needs to have a serious look at DI technology going forward into the future. I would probably give a 4 stroke Polaris sled a try if it fit in the Matryx and made in the 160 hp range.

#30 ·
Yes there were some issues with oil lines being blocked off and some bearing issues in 19, but for the most part the 19 840 was solid, I piled up over 5000 on mine trouble free. Also no issues with my 20 2500+ miles. I’m sure the 21 will have even better run ability and I have no fears on reliability.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.