Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy Matryx 850 VR1 137
189 Posts
OPs got some nuts apparently.... I pulled my 27ft enclosed Legend in some slick conditions in February this season, hit some black ice and felt the whole back of my truck start sliding... on a 5 lane section of highway... one of those moments I thought I needed to change my pants. Wouldn't catch me towing with a Q5... just my .02

·
Registered
2022 Polaris Indy Matryx 850 VR1 137
189 Posts
Well, I started pulling wagons when I was 6 on the hills on the farm. I've hauled my own toys since I was 16 with everything from a 4x4 Chevy to a smart car. I drove heavy haul dump for 40 years, no accidents. Audi has done Quattro since 1980 and pretty much had it right from the start, winning races and as I recall, the first production vehicle to do 200mph at Indianapolis(?). It's not a repurposed jeep. The Q5 weighs about the same as pick up, but I have a lower center of gravity, so you will have to explain your logic? I have factory electronic trailer package that sets the car for towing as soon as I plug a trailer in. I have computer controlled air ride suspension that keeps my vehicle level even when it's not running. You? I have Matrix led headlights that stay aimed because they are programmed plus the air ride suspension keeps it that way. You?

Unlike you, I consciously chose a vehicle that was that was best in fuel economy in the class I was looking.
I get 40 Imp. mpg (7/100k) in the summer and 18 pulling a trailer once or twice a year. You? Ya, thanks for your contribution.
I drive the speed limit when pulling a trailer, because I have been trained my whole life that extra weight requires extra attention.

So, ya, that's me, with the finger up every time some douch in a pickup truck passes me doing 80 mph pulling 6 sled trailer with a jacked up monster truck. And yes, you're both just "that guy".
Congratulations, you read the brochure when you picked up your overpriced VW.....I've pulled snowmobile with a 4 cylinder Accord... oh and way to assume my 2.7 V6 Ecoboost F150 is "lifted", or that I'm driving 80mph with 6 sleds in a 4 place trailer. :LOL: Ground clearance is the same between a Q5 and my F150... and I would certainly say that a truck is more capable/practical for hauling sleds, etc. But if you need to make yourself feel big for buying a vehicle that needs to tell you what lightbulb is out with a check engine light.... be my guest. 🐸:coffee:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts