Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wow. I didn't even take pics of the inside. This was the only single axle, drive in, drive out trailer I could find anywhere. I have a Triton TR167, that is good, but too heavy on the tongue and couldn't back up the ramp decent with studs. This trailer solves that, but We got an Audi Q5 with air suspension to pull with now, so not as much of an issue.
Largest trailer dealer in my area, but literature came in a Forest River satchel (same as spoiler) and 1 piece of lit said Amerilite.
Did notice a difference pulling from the slant front trailer, seemed to buffet a little from side to side, but it was empty, but other trailer didn't do that.

Attachments

Reactions: Guitarcher

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I started pulling wagons when I was 6 on the hills on the farm. I've hauled my own toys since I was 16 with everything from a 4x4 Chevy to a smart car. I drove heavy haul dump for 40 years, no accidents. Audi has done Quattro since 1980 and pretty much had it right from the start, winning races and as I recall, the first production vehicle to do 200mph at Indianapolis(?). It's not a repurposed jeep. The Q5 weighs about the same as pick up, but I have a lower center of gravity, so you will have to explain your logic? I have factory electronic trailer package that sets the car for towing as soon as I plug a trailer in. I have computer controlled air ride suspension that keeps my vehicle level even when it's not running. You? I have Matrix led headlights that stay aimed because they are programmed plus the air ride suspension keeps it that way. You?

Unlike you, I consciously chose a vehicle that was that was best in fuel economy in the class I was looking.
I get 40 Imp. mpg (7/100k) in the summer and 18 pulling a trailer once or twice a year. You? Ya, thanks for your contribution.
I drive the speed limit when pulling a trailer, because I have been trained my whole life that extra weight requires extra attention.

So, ya, that's me, with the finger up every time some douch in a pickup truck passes me doing 80 mph pulling 6 sled trailer with a jacked up monster truck. And yes, you're both just "that guy".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts