Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love this trailer and never knew it existed...I have been looking at the Triton TC167. Was wondering how do you park the sleds on a 7' wide? staggered or facing opposite directions? I also use for quads so I am unsure if the slopped front will work as you have to park them further back screwing up the balance. This trailer might be the answer...about how much new?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I started pulling wagons when I was 6 on the hills on the farm. I've hauled my own toys since I was 16 with everything from a 4x4 Chevy to a smart car. I drove heavy haul dump for 40 years, no accidents. Audi has done Quattro since 1980 and pretty much had it right from the start, winning races and as I recall, the first production vehicle to do 200mph at Indianapolis(?). It's not a repurposed jeep. The Q5 weighs about the same as pick up, but I have a lower center of gravity, so you will have to explain your logic? I have factory electronic trailer package that sets the car for towing as soon as I plug a trailer in. I have computer controlled air ride suspension that keeps my vehicle level even when it's not running. You? I have Matrix led headlights that stay aimed because they are programmed plus the air ride suspension keeps it that way. You?

Unlike you, I consciously chose a vehicle that was that was best in fuel economy in the class I was looking.
I get 40 Imp. mpg (7/100k) in the summer and 18 pulling a trailer once or twice a year. You? Ya, thanks for your contribution.
I drive the speed limit when pulling a trailer, because I have been trained my whole life that extra weight requires extra attention.

So, ya, that's me, with the finger up every time some douch in a pickup truck passes me doing 80 mph pulling 6 sled trailer with a jacked up monster truck. And yes, you're both just "that guy".
If you think these guys are bad go to the RV forums :rolleyes:

I am in the same boat as you...don't tow enough for a truck to be worth it and put on too many kms. Have a Toyota Highlander that works great for me. I pulled a 5000 lb RV for years and had zero issues. Lots of power, proper load distributed hitch, mirror extensions, etc...the only issue I had was the fuel tank was too small for towing. I probably put on 50K towing and still have the same highlander with 450K km's. All everyone said on the forums is that I am putting everyone's life in danger...WTF...It is rated to tow 5000lb by the manufacturer and if anyone knows the real limits (not paranoid keyboard warriors) it's them...they have the legal liability riding on it. Granted I never towed that in the winter but...geez...all I usually see are trucks in the ditch in the winter and usually 4wd. Trucks have their place but most people have them as a status symbol and only use them as real trucks a couple times a year and usually a trailer would take care of that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts