Hardcore Sledder banner
61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
With stock secondary and Tapp primary you will have to tap your secondary and use a set screw and lock nut to adjust belt if you didn’t know already.
I did know that, where can I get the specs for what needs to be done?
Thanks for the heads up too btw

Jeff B In Maine

Sent via my US Cellular rotary dial device.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Look at country cats website , look up a 16,on the driven clutch you will see the stud and lock nut, order those 2. I’m not sure of the thread size 1/4-20 maybe. On your clutch is the boss you will drill out and install this stud.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
At Big East show Syracuse yesterday. On my to see list was the new Cat drive clutch. Cat was there. I got with one one their reps and asked if the new clutch was on any of the sleds present? The rep pulled the side panel off of the RIOT which had it on there. I told him that I was interested in upgrading my 19 ZR 9000 to the new clutch at some point and indicated that my reasoning was due to the reported accounts of TEAM clutch failures specifically the cracking being reported at the base of the movable sheave most specific to the 9000s especially those with added boost. I had informed him that my sled had about 1360 miles on and the TEAM clutch on it looked good with no signs of cracking. His reply was that I would stay away from the new clutch at this point with no indication as to why and I didn't press him on it. I did inquire about the driven clutch and asked if anything is different about it compared to the TEAM secondary. He replied they are the same secondary which lead me to ask if the clutches are being built in house?....he replied yes and we have had difficulties getting warranty coverage from TEAM. That is where I left it with the Cat rep. I will add that all of the show reps for Cat; I saw several at least 4 were younger guys.

Later I visited one of the aftermarket clutch vendors that was there. I pointed to one of several of the display clutches they had out and commented that I have that cover on my 9000 Cat primary clutch and was very happy with it so far. Many guys on here run or have run their covers and likely most on hear should have a good idea as to who I am referring to as I am hesitant to directly name the vendor. They have been around for a long time and are one of the early adjustable weight providers which should help further identify who. The conversation I had with them centered around the new Cat primary clutch. They indicated that the new clutch has already been revised out to revision C and that Cat is having issues with breaking the cover plates. I will state here that when I saw the new clutch I thought that the cover on it looked very small and light....very light!!! The vendor indicated that on the TCat that was there you can feel the damage to the belly down under the clutch from it being hit by something. Vendor is working on covers and has the new clutch.

Don't shoot the messenger; I'm only reporting what I was told and I am sure where the clutch cover is concerned some will want to default to its just a vendor that wants to sell something. With Cats past clutch troubles, I am not so sure that is the case. The vendor is very reputable. Decide for yourself. The Cat rep saying hold off is telling. To those that fall for lightweight is better...think again. Hopefully Cat will have it sorted for the production units???????????????

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
At Big East show Syracuse yesterday. On my to see list was the new Cat drive clutch. Cat was there. I got with one one their reps and asked if the new clutch was on any of the sleds present? The rep pulled the side panel off of the RIOT which had it on there. I told him that I was interested in upgrading my 19 ZR 9000 to the new clutch at some point and indicated that my reasoning was due to the reported accounts of TEAM clutch failures specifically the cracking being reported at the base of the movable sheave most specific to the 9000s especially those with added boost. I had informed him that my sled had about 1360 miles on and the TEAM clutch on it looked good with no signs of cracking. His reply was that I would stay away from the new clutch at this point with no indication as to why and I didn't press him on it. I did inquire about the driven clutch and asked if anything is different about it compared to the TEAM secondary. He replied they are the same secondary which lead me to ask if the clutches are being built in house?....he replied yes and we have had difficulties getting warranty coverage from TEAM. That is where I left it with the Cat rep. I will add that all of the show reps for Cat; I saw several at least 4 were younger guys.

Later I visited one of the aftermarket clutch vendors that was there. I pointed to one of several of the display clutches they had out and commented that I have that cover on my 9000 Cat primary clutch and was very happy with it so far. Many guys on here run or have run their covers and likely most on hear should have a good idea as to who I am referring to as I am hesitant to directly name the vendor. They have been around for a long time and are one of the early adjustable weight providers which should help further identify who. The conversation I had with them centered around the new Cat primary clutch. They indicated that the new clutch has already been revised out to revision C and that Cat is having issues with breaking the cover plates. I will state here that when I saw the new clutch I thought that the cover on it looked very small and light....very light!!! The vendor indicated that on the TCat that was there you can feel the damage to the belly down under the clutch from it being hit by something. Vendor is working on covers and has the new clutch.

Don't shoot the messenger; I'm only reporting what I was told and I am sure where the clutch cover is concerned some will want to default to its just a vendor that wants to sell something. With Cats past clutch troubles, I am not so sure that is the case. The vendor is very reputable. Decide for yourself. The Cat rep saying hold off is telling. To those that fall for lightweight is better...think again. Hopefully Cat will have it sorted for the production units???????????????
Maybe he said to hold off due to lack of stock at Cat, which was already communicated by some dealers. I have a hard time believing a Cat rep would tell Joe Smo at a show the clutches are junk. Considering it's the only new thing for 2022...other then PS on the tanks

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Maybe he said to hold off due to lack of stock at Cat, which was already communicated by some dealers. I have a hard time believing a Cat rep would tell Joe Smo at a show the clutches are junk. Considering it's the only new thing for 2022...other then PS on the tanks

Never said he called the clutch junk...he just said stay away for now. If you follow that I had informed him that my TEAM looked good he may have been basing his response on that implying hold off for now.

·
Registered
‘22 ThunderCat EPS,‘20 Skidoo XRS 900T
51 Posts

I would think Arctic Cat is going to want to know who that rep is that’s telling people to stay away from the new adapt clutches for now. He’ll either be terminated or he’ll get a size 11 boot in his a$$ 🤣😂🤣

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Just put on a cat drive clutch, use the cat belt, and remove all deflection settings on the yamaha secondary, problem solved. If you dont want a cat belt, get the next best aftermarket belt. Gates, dayco, whatever.
This is my thoughts exactly! Just have to get the offset figured out.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Never said he called the clutch junk...he just said stay away for now. If you follow that I had informed him that my TEAM looked good he may have been basing his response on that implying hold off for now.
As indicated here the rep in no way had any negative statements about the new clutch. The conversation was brief as there were a lot of people around looking at the sleds. In my OP you will see mention of warranty coverage issues with TEAM. I cannot get into somebodies head to know for certain what they are thinking but it may be he was suggesting to hold off for now because they are trying to get TEAM to cover the failing clutches but having difficulty getting them on board with doing so and, at some point you may get your TEAM clutch replaced with the new unit. Hopefully that is where he was coming from. I apologize for not putting it in this context in my OP.

·
Registered
20,923 Posts
I would think Arctic Cat is going to want to know who that rep is that’s telling people to stay away from the new adapt clutches for now. He’ll either be terminated or he’ll get a size 11 boot in his a$$ 🤣😂🤣
A factory rep will never tell people at a trade show, to put something that is not a superseded part or some kind of update kit on a older sled that is working just fine. That’s engineerings job to work with the dealer on when it’s a problem with the sled.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Forgive me if I'm repeating myself... i have 8200 miles on my 2017 Team primary and it's in perfect condition. Had the dealer go over it when they pulled it off to replace my starter gears.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Replaceable bushings. The secondary is the same size and essentially a copy of the team secondary with minor machining changes. Have not had a helix out yet to ck that or spring and rollers.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Wheel Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Audio equipment
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Vehicle brake
Automotive tire Crankset Gear Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
Arctic Cat 6000
1,182 Posts
Well for the most part, since the 2012 release debacle - Cat has done a pretty good job of not bringing things to market unless fully tested. The team clutches have been mostly reliable but have had their issues which is why they are building their own in house now. I would surely think that this thing has been tested. Now has it been tested on a boosted turbo...maybe not. In that case I would run a thunder products 911 cover to make it last.

·
Registered
20,923 Posts
Well for the most part, since the 2012 release debacle - Cat has done a pretty good job of not bringing things to market unless fully tested. The team clutches have been mostly reliable but have had their issues which is why they are building their own in house now. I would surely think that this thing has been tested. Now has it been tested on a boosted turbo...maybe not. In that case I would run a thunder products 911 cover to make it last.
The big thing cat needs to do is build an all new sled up from the ground up. They now have their engine program trimmed way down. If they built a sled around the ctech they could make a lot of improvements. If you look back at the amount of different engine configurations that have been in the procross it is insane. With Yamaha involved they need to build a 4 stroke chassis for that sled and a 2 stroke chassis. It will be a win win for the industry.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Replaceable bushings. The secondary is the same size and essentially a copy of the team secondary with minor machining changes. Have not had a helix out yet to ck that or spring and rollers.
Great pics, but your tunnel and plastics look gray instead of black? :D

Quality looks pretty good to the naked eye... is that Peer (SKF) bearing I see?

61 - 80 of 124 Posts