Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
From what I saw not much was said about this clutch. Everyone was so pissed off by what Cat didn't do at their reveal they didn't talk much about what they did. What was the main driver for this new clutch? What are the benefits? It's intriguing to say the least.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had the opportunity to talk with my Regional Arctic Cat Rep at the Wide Open Wisconsin Show this past weekend. He said the Clutches are an Arctic Cat design. There was also a writer for a snowmobile magazine there talking to him and he asked "where are the clutches made"? (the magazine writer was referring to the Country of Origin) The Rep said he didn't know.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Look at the open space around the primary, now..... Think about how much narrower the sleds bodywork could be.....

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody seen an alignment tool for the new clutches??
No alignment tool. Spec is 10 thou clearance between edge of belt and stationary sheave after running the sled up, letting the track naturally stop, then shutting off engine. So belt finds its natural “center”.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What model is this sled in pic with new clutch? and what do you mean “running up”?
22 zr 800 limited. “Running up” means elevating the rear of the sled and giving it throttle to cycle belt through clutches and also for setting track tension and alignment.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what I saw not much was said about this clutch. Everyone was so pissed off by what Cat didn't do at their reveal they didn't talk much about what they did. What was the main driver for this new clutch? What are the benefits? It's intriguing to say the least.
It’s more compact, lighter, better serviceability, and supposedly manufactured and assembled to tighter tolerance spec. I haven’t had one off a sled yet, but spider and bushing fitment is tighter than most Team primary clutches I’ve seen new. They use lighter weights than comparable models with Team primary.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Be nice if Cat would program a swap in for all who have 9000 turbos. That's of course only if the new clutch is able to handle the power without cracking like the Team clutch???

·
Registered
426 Posts
Look at the efforts Doo went to to make the 850 and 600R powertrains narrower; sleds now are designed first and foremost with an eye to the mountain and crossover segments and narrowness is critical there. This clutch being 1" narrower will allow the next gen Cat chassis and bodywork to be narrower. Watch for it.

Back to the new Adapt clutches, looking forward to seeing how they work on the snow.

·
Registered
Arctic Cat 6000
1,176 Posts
Engineer at Hay Days said they'd been working on that clutch for years. Said they took the areas they liked from the Team clutches and combined that with what was already good on the Cat clutches. Said the lighter weight equals less rotating mass and more power to the ground. I asked if it can hold up longevity wise and he assured me it was tested extensively. I think we'll have a pretty good idea after this winter what the early verdict is on that.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are and yes but I got a promo used one.

Jeff B In Maine

Sent via my US Cellular rotary dial device.
Do you run stm secondary? Just curious. And where are you in Maine? I live in Monticello, but work in Presque Isle.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Team 2ndary.

I'm in Winslow but ride Millinocket area all the time.

Its just a trail sled.

Jeff B In Maine

Sent via my US Cellular rotary dial device.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts