Hardcore Sledder banner

161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Buying an Assault and narrowing it up would be the best, you gain alot better suspension and snow flap. Who really needs a cut tunnel in areas that dont get snow like out west does? The 2017 SBA I had with Zbroz 39 front end was very complete.
This was my plan with my matryx assault , 2” track and put 39” front end then the sled would be a great 60/40trail. I say 60/40 because I find the assault has many other things that need to be changed to make it a true 50/50. I ended up ordering a khaos 146 and I’ll add a set of small idler and snow flap. Then I’ll be happy. I’m gojng to do a post later about the assault , more of a review and then I’ll shut up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good idea... making I’ll look into that too. I’m really not worried about the handling of this machine on the trail. The only thing I was worried about was the cooling but that seems like it’ll be fine. Got one on order so we’ll find. Haha. The pros of this machine will out weigh the cons compared to the assault for me

·
Registered
310 Posts
Proven design will have a snow flap for the rmk slash models. Probably wont be till the fall. Great company out of michigan

·
Registered
310 Posts
In case anyone was wondering about gearing it is 100% qd1 with 22t and 43b. Very good gearing imo

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,120 Posts
In case anyone was wondering about gearing it is 100% qd1 with 22t and 43b. Very good gearing imo
The stock 850 Matryx SBA with the 2.0 Crossover track has 19:40-68 gearing for a 2.11 ratio. Of course with the chaincase you have a choice of many ratios.

·
Registered
310 Posts

The stock 850 Matryx SBA with the 2.0 Crossover track has 19:40-68 gearing for a 2.11 ratio. Of course with the chaincase you have a choice of many ratios.
Yeah thats the same gearing i had in my 19 and would top out at 92. Not that im going for top speed runs but the challenger track and that gearing imo isnt that good. I always thought 1 or 2 teeth would make a big difference so i bought a set of gears but not gonna use now because i sold my sled. The new 2" track for sba and khaos should be much better just by looking at it

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for all responses and i hope i was able to help some guys out that were on the fence either way with the sba or khaos! Its for sure a win win for us in this position trying to decide between 2 awesome sleds. I ended up ordering the khaos 146 with the 2 inch!

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,120 Posts
I hope so! I ordered an 850 Assault with the 2" track.
Those that have the MY21 Matryx 850 SBA146 with 2" Crossover track, are quite happy with them, as you know.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks for all responses and i hope i was able to help some guys out that were on the fence either way with the sba or khaos! Its for sure a win win for us in this position trying to decide between 2 awesome sleds. I ended up ordering the khaos 146 with the 2 inch!
Looking forward to following your build and hearing your thoughts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
There has been a lot of excellent input, great points and counterpoints as well as some really good discussion on this new sled. You sure gave me something to think about a few times. Glad you got one picked out.

it’s been really great learning about good new sled with all of you.

·
Registered
19SKS850,17Assault815BCX.13BCX,to96XCR6;-} Six Star:Lodge At HWL
232 Posts
The 146 with 2in track at 2.11 gear ratio seems very limited. A 1.95-2.0 would be more reasonable for sure. IMO My SKS with 2.25 lug is geared to 2.0 and does everything well

·
Registered
310 Posts
Its tough this year without actually being able to go see what your dropping your hard earned coin on. Yeah we know what it is but still i want to see and touch before i buy. This aint amazon! Ultimately both these sleds have the same track and if i can make a 50/50 sled work offtrail for the little bit of trail riding the khaos should do just fine. Little bit concerned about the snow flap but im gonna get in touch with proven designs and if my sled comes in early enough i will let them use it. Laker 220 looks like they do ship to canada

·
Registered
3 Posts
Exactly right. Polaris says almost nothing about it, other than a couple sentence sales pitch. It isn't listed under crossover sleds, so it doesn't appear that was their intent. They threw in the towel on that segment by killing off the SKS in my opinion. They conceded the market to Ski-Doo.
exact same problem here. i wrote an email to the company, complaining what we discuss here, that they left the crosseover market, with Assaut too wide up front and the Khaos not adapted to flatlanders. the responded quickly, citing that they listen to their customers. everybody that was in the market for an SKS should take 2 minutes and voice their concern. at least they could offer an adjustable front end like the SKS....and 2.25 even better

·
Registered
54 Posts
Way to go Polaris! You nailed it for me with the 146 Slash!! RMK KHAOS dna will be an absolute blast off trail and those awesome shocks will make the trail ride to the powder very enjoyable IMO

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Way to go Polaris! You nailed it for me with the 146 Slash!! RMK KHAOS dna will be an absolute blast off trail and those awesome shocks will make the trail ride to the powder very enjoyable IMO
I’m with ya on this Avalanche. I think this thing is going to be an absolute beast and so much fun off trail and also perform a heck of a lot better on trail than some may be expecting.

161 - 180 of 197 Posts