Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Poo will have a factory turbo before at has a 850 or equivalent or a new chassis. As much of a cat guy as i am. These low snow winters and lack of technology advancement that cat is putting forward makes me want to either leave the sport or switch brands.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Poo will have a factory turbo before at has a 850 or equivalent or a new chassis. As much of a cat guy as i am. These low snow winters and lack of technology advancement that cat is putting forward makes me want to either leave the sport or switch brands.
That Turbo is only good at elevation and it has been shown that the cat Alpha can still out climb it. So you need a Turbo to make you over spend? WTF?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
No i wont buy a turbo. Im sure i will stay with my current cat. But if it starts giving me even more issues. I will send it down the road and look at my options.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
That Turbo is only good at elevation and it has been shown that the cat Alpha can still out climb it. So you need a Turbo to make you over spend? WTF?
The doo turbo sled maintains flat land power at elevation. I believe poo is gonna up The anty and give the flatlanders some boost at sea level and at elevation.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Poo needs to concentrate on their current motor as it is before adding to it.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
There is nothing wrong with thier current engines . They have been working on the turbo for at least as long as doo or longer.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
And would be a warranty nightmare so it wont happen.
How would it be a warranty nightmare. At 175 -195 hp. Would be totally fine . ESP. Factory designed. That would only be 10-30hp more than stock doo or poo 850 and 25 -45 more than a 800 cat. It’s not like it’s huge power. Just enough to make a sled fun.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Here’s a leak of Cat’s possible 2022 Turbo Mountain EXP (Expert). Two stroke with factory turbo? what you all think? Is this a possibility? Doesn’t do much for flatlanders but if it’s happening then Cat is not sleeping. Notice the rear end is different and new tail light. The ski spindle is a little different also.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think the OEM’s are dumping so much money into R&D for the mountain section ..... because if we keep getting winters like this one.... mountains are going to be the only place where there’s actually SNOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
How would it be a warranty nightmare. At 175 -195 hp. Would be totally fine . ESP. Factory designed. That would only be 10-30hp more than stock doo or poo 850 and 25 -45 more than a 800 cat. It’s not like it’s huge power. Just enough to make a sled fun.
Just make the 850 a 1000 then...….Much easier, less weight, less expensive. Instead of these highstrung 800-850 that's seem to be very hard to get the ECU's dialed in on just go to 1000cc's and let them run at 7400RPM instead of the 8200.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Because low elevations and Turbo on a two stroke dont mix very well. Reason why Doo did not allow it to make more HP in the lower altitude.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I totally agree that a 1000 twin would be better but it looks like all manu’s are hell bent on turbos. I’m not a fan of turbo in a 2 stroke mainly for durability and longevity. Maybe they can make it work in high elevations but can’t see more power at lower elevations being sensible?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Here’s a leak of Cat’s possible 2022 Turbo Mountain EXP (Expert). Two stroke with factory turbo? what you all think? Is this a possibility? Doesn’t do much for flatlanders but if it’s happening then Cat is not sleeping. Notice the rear end is different and new tail light. The ski spindle is a little different also. View attachment 2115756 View attachment 2115758

The tailight and spindle are stock. Thats a Silber turbo.
Just a sled a shop built.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
What am I missing here. The current Polaris "labeled" 850 doesn't count being it's an 840? I don't follow polaris, but the sticker on the side says they are out there.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Because low elevations and Turbo on a two stroke dont mix very well. Reason why Doo did not allow it to make more HP in the lower altitude.
That’s not necessarily true. I k is more than one guy who has a aftermarket turbo on flatland 800s and 850. Which were not even specific designed for turbo. And they have been trail riding them for seasons no with no real issues. Motors are staying together at over 200 hp. The 800 does get a lil crank seal leaking from all the pressure but not bad. No sucking air. The biggest issue is controlling heat. They need good cooling . One drained from factory could address any of these lil issues also I don’t believe the factory wouod put one out with the same power level as these. Another thing on nite from a performance stand point is these at 200 hp. Destroy the 204 up 4 stoke turbos in drag race. So it doesn’t take as much power to get equal or better performance

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
That’s not necessarily true. I k is more than one guy who has a aftermarket turbo on flatland 800s and 850. Which were not even specific designed for turbo. And they have been trail riding them for seasons no with no real issues. Motors are staying together at over 200 hp. The 800 does get a lil crank seal leaking from all the pressure but not bad. No sucking air. The biggest issue is controlling heat. They need good cooling . One drained from factory could address any of these lil issues also I don’t believe the factory wouod put one out with the same power level as these. Another thing on nite from a performance stand point is these at 200 hp. Destroy the 204 up 4 stoke turbos in drag race. So it doesn’t take as much power to get equal or better performance
Still would be a warranty issue for Cat that is not really worth it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts