Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Dont show your ignorance, the topic is racesleds,I didn’t bring bring up Selby, just stated where he races, to bad you can’t read
I'm sure you know Selby is well known for racing all venues, he's been very active in snowcross, hell he's even raced sno-bikes. I'd say of all the current racers he's probably the best ambassador of the sport.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hmmmm; does anyone see the resemblance to a 2012 LTD? Ya, I thought so too.
So for better or worse folks, after everyone wanting new engines, 129's, a real 60th anniversary edition last year and you got a <ahem> medallion, this is your new/old same Procross chassis and I can only assume same engines. This is where we are today.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
So that’s it? Is there somewhere we can see the release and specs?
Joe that's a race sled I do believe. At Haydays they let out the race sleds That's not a trail unit and if I remember correctly the last couple years they did the same, Introduce either Sno-Cross or Cross-Country race units. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I think they do.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Joe that's a race sled I do believe. At Haydays they let out the race sleds That's not a trail unit and if I remember correctly the last couple years they did the same, Introduce either Sno-Cross or Cross-Country race units. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I think they do.
Yea I get that. But don’t they usually talk about them when they pull the covers off? A lot of times new things on the race sleds will make its way to the trail sleds. Well, they used to anyway.

·
Registered
20,786 Posts
It’s usually the race sleds. In recent history they brought out the 600rr, proclimb 600, Hcr, and alpha 600 at haydays for the general public to buy. They will not do a huge new consumer model release At haydays. It will always be a model line extension. If they brought out a new from the ground up sled for the consumer, everyone that snow checked a new cat would be pissed

·
Registered
2006 Polaris Fusion 600, 2021 Arctic Cat Norseman 8000X
515 Posts
I went on Sat. and when I strolled past the Cat area there was a lady speaking on the podium (I'm assuming she's the head of the Cat snowmobile division??). I only caught part of what she was saying and at that point they introduced the Black Cats. Did anyone hear any insight into what their plans are for the upcoming year(s)?

·
Registered
20,786 Posts
I went on Sat. and when I strolled past the Cat area there was a lady speaking on the podium (I'm assuming she's the head of the Cat snowmobile division??). I only caught part of what she was saying and at that point they introduced the Black Cats. Did anyone hear any insight into what their plans are for the upcoming year(s)?
Plans are she will do nothing for 18 months then transfer into the areo space division. We will still be asking for a new trail sled

·
Registered
Arctic Cat 6000
1,166 Posts
From who I talked to for Cat brass at their booth on Sat it sounds like there's a good chance the new sleds released in spring will be the new chassis but it also sounded like it could be the next year as well. One of the two sounded like a sure bet.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Just watched the video of the race sleds. Not much info on them as I can only assume nothing has changed. Figured that.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I was there, and what you see is what you got....

Even Arctic Insider posted only about the people that dropped by their own Arctic Insider booth before any info about Cat products at Hay Days. It was THAT weak.

The only display in the Cat booth that interested me was related to the new clutches.

·
Registered
275 Posts
There isn't much to reveal on race sleds anymore. Back in the day we all got excited for Hay Days because whatever was on the race sleds would be on the models we could order in the spring. Those days are long gone. Now they SnoX sleds are so application specific very little translates to the consumer models. Each year all three OEM's talk about improvements and enhancements but they're really just refinements to the previous years model. Doo makes an airbox mod every year and claim it adds HP. By now that motor should be over 200 HP. Same with Polaris and Cat. Basically the same press release for each OEM every year.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts