1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just replacing my hyfax and noticed this
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Hood

now im wondering if im still under warranty? I picked the sled up last september after snochecking it. I mean i ride hard but im only 160lbs pretty bad that it broke.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im gonna call the dealer tomorrow. glad i saw it now and not december. My hyfax were shredded from i believe the track breaking in and loosening causing it to slide off the rails a couple times this winter. Btw STRONGER800 thanks for helping me clutch my old 600 back in the day. Its still in the fleet.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Was just replacing my hyfax and noticed this View attachment 2135052
View attachment 2135051
now im wondering if im still under warranty? I picked the sled up last september after snochecking it. I mean i ride hard but im only 160lbs pretty bad that it broke.
I believe the front portion (which is broken) is made from magnesium, which is less resistant than aluminum. Cat has made a few updates to the Alpha rail since its intro in 2019 precisely to make it more durable. Good luck with your warranty claim!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Check on Snowest the failures I have seen is when they take a big hit to the front of the rail from a big impact. Also if you bottom out the front shock on a regular basis it has had some failure. So far mine has been fine but I'm certain I will have an issue in the future. You should be covered by warranty on if so no worries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts