Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ZR 6000 Roger Skime
1,006 Posts
I wonder if it has to do with a supply issue? Or.... the RXC is not really used for short races that require good Hole Shots, its more about and being used for Cross Country races and oval...

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Skid geometry and refinement?
Pound the piss out of a 129 and 137 side by side. The 137 is almost too mellow to be aggressive. The rear arm is too far back. The front end changes tamed down the sleds even more if you run the longer skid.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Skid geometry and refinement?
Pound the piss out of a 129 and 137 side by side. The 137 is almost too mellow to be aggressive. The rear arm is too far back. The front end changes tamed down the sleds even more if you run the longer skid.
That is good to know. Maybe I will like the 129 better than the 137 then.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
That is good to know. Maybe I will like the 129 better than the 137 then.
It has a lot to do with how you like to ride. If you think of sleds like snocross machines, you will like the aggressive style of the shorter skid. If longer was the best answer, dirt bikes would certainly look different.
I like both skids. I swap back and forth from time to time during the season. Each has their own style.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a 2020 RXC so it’s a 137. The rear arm is in the same location as a 129 skid unlike the consumer version of the 137 that moves the rear arm farther back. It’s my first procross so I have nothing to compare it to but it’s fantastic in big whooped out trails. This past winter we came up on a 6 mile section of trail that seemed like it hadn’t been groomed all winter with 2-3 foot rollers and behind a guy on a 137 skidoo and he just wasn’t going fast enough so I slowed down to let him get ahead of me and then I sped up considerably until I caught back up and the sled just floated on top of the bumps and was still easily in control even around corners. I was amazed and I’ve been riding for 30 years but like I said it’s my first procross so maybe they’re all like this. 🤣

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
59turbo, Thanks for the confirmation on the 2020 RXC skid layout. I have not been a big fan of the rear arm location on the consumer version. It is almost too tame. It takes away the easy lift and launch. I like the 137 skids for general riding. Easier to ride in most conditions, but less ability to throttle control the big stuff. It's almost like the sled just takes you along for the ride more with the consumer 137 skid vs. the 129.
I'd like to ride one of the 2020 RXC skids. It has always been in the back of my mind to try rail extensions on a 129 skid just to see how well it works.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts