Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else that has a 2021 ZR 6000 RXC on order get a call from their dealer this week? It sounds like they are going to be doing a graphics change and also building these with a 129" track instead of the 137". The track will also only be 1.25" lug and I'm not sure which track it is. Originally it was supposed to come with a 1.35" Cobra.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Those are all game changers. The ride difference of 129 over 137 is significant and I must say that I would prefer a 129 on a 600 engine but that's just me. As for the grafics... depending on what the changes are, it could be a big issue. This could be scary...

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,983 Posts
Did anyone else that has a 2021 ZR 6000 RXC on order get a call from their dealer this week? It sounds like they are going to be doing a graphics change and also building these with a 129" track instead of the 137". The track will also only be 1.25" lug and I'm not sure which track it is. Originally it was supposed to come with a 1.35" Cobra.
The cobra is a 1.25 inch track.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Those are all game changers. The ride difference of 129 over 137 is significant and I must say that I would prefer a 129 on a 600 engine but that's just me. As for the grafics... depending on what the changes are, it could be a big issue. This could be scary...

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk
I dont have an RXC but I do have both a 129 and a 137 and I really cannot tell the difference between them other than the 137 has the Iact and the 129 is an LE. Will be interesting to see this sled come fall.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cobra is a 1.25 inch track.
The 129" x 1.25" that they are going to be switching to is the Cobra??

I was thinking about doing a track swap to either a 1.5" or 1.75". I would really like to get into a deeper lug track, especially since they are going to a shorter track.

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
If you're buying an rxc I would just run it from cat, at least for a while. It's a race sled and they know what they're doing when it comes to this stuff.

·
Premium Member
13,915 Posts
The cobra is only a 1.25" track in reality.
Sucks when you order something and they supply something that you didn't want.

Hope you're happy OP.
Customers where given the opportunity to get a different sled, if they didn't like the changes.

Maybe somone who knows for sure can chime in, but the change may have been mandated by rules, or hopefully it came about because textron is investing in the race dept, and development. The 129 does work much better in the tight and twistys, I would assume the same on races like pine lake

·
Registered
19,983 Posts
Usually when you order a race sled you don’t know what you are getting until haydays with no heads up. At least they are telling you something is changing.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Sounds like they are making changes for racers which is GREAT NEWS! Wonder if some of these will be available in season so they can meet the 250 build requirement and race 2021s this season. If you are a Cat fan you have to be pumped.

·
Registered
19,983 Posts
Sounds like they are making changes for racers which is GREAT NEWS! Wonder if some of these will be available in season so they can meet the 250 build requirement and race 2021s this season. If you are a Cat fan you have to be pumped.
maybe they pre order enough to race it this year and are going to cater more to the racers? Could be the reason for the changes or maybe they will drop a bomb and put it in the new chassis that has been rumored

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I’m SO happy I didn’t order one. My whole reason for almost ordering one was the 137” track and the graphics were killer. I have a 129” cobra track on mine now. If they switch to a 1.25 ripsaw, that blows even more. The cobra works well for that sled.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was given the option to order a different model if I don't want the RXC anymore. I'm torn on this right now but I'm leaning in the direction of giving the RXC a try. I think it will be fun to have a cross country race sled. If it comes with the Ripsaw track I will be changing it out for sure.

·
Public Relations Officer
Cat SX
15,776 Posts
The Rip is a much better track than the cobra if you are on trails. The cobra is softer for some off trail capability but, it gets shredded on trail with aggressive riding. My bid and I put that to the test.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
They probably have a bunch of 129” skids laying around they need to use up.
They only build skid frames is to what is being built that day, people do not realize they have no warehouse at Arctic Cat and all parts are delivered a few weeks before production and stored in semi trailers on site until that particular machine(s) are being built.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts