Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if Polaris has mentioned any updates for the 2021 850? I have searched around but haven't read anything conclusive.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,656 Posts
Temp sensor update along with revised mapping. All I heard of.
Whnat exactly will this be? A better harness connector, or a sensor with the lead in fixed to it? Last January I bought one of the aftermarket connectors/short harness sold by a member here just in case . Never needed it.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Whnat exactly will this be? A better harness connector, or a sensor with the lead in fixed to it? Last January I bought one of the aftermarket connectors/short harness sold by a member here just in case . Never needed it.
There is no jumper harness anymore .

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
here are the 2021 850 patriot changes
New ECU calibration - released late winter -
new water temp sensor and assembly
fully carbonized connecting rod. single slot on intake side of rod vs 2 holes in rod previously
reed assembly changed to 1 piece design vs previously 2 piece
EV actuator now non smart and controlled completely by ecu for faster reaction

·
Administrator
20,659 Posts
Not engine related, but still an update ... the engineering guys responsible for the suspension / shock calibrations identified issues with the 2020's (in particular, the XCR being "soft"). Per information from their team, some of this came from early break down of the oil, causing emulsification. For 2021, the manufacturing process will be enhanced to have them performing at their peak, without the premature oil breakdown.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Trailer ride home from the dealer broke down the oil ? Lol, stir pot:

Reactions: wamp12000

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Not engine related, but still an update ... the engineering guys responsible for the suspension / shock calibrations identified issues with the 2020's (in particular, the XCR being "soft"). Per information from their team, some of this came from early break down of the oil, causing emulsification. For 2021, the manufacturing process will be enhanced to have them performing at their peak, without the premature oil breakdown.
That's interesting with the shock oil. I know some of the teams were using Mobil Aero an aviation hydraulic oil in there shocks.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wondering if there was a pipe and air box change for the new body work?
Well the air box was changed for sure on the Matryx chassis as the air intakes do not face the driver any more, totally different design . But good point on the pipe, you would think there would need to be some changes to accommodate the new plastics?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
can someone explain what they changed to the Exhaust valve actuator?

here are the 2021 850 patriot changes
New ECU calibration - released late winter -
new water temp sensor and assembly
fully carbonized connecting rod. single slot on intake side of rod vs 2 holes in rod previously
reed assembly changed to 1 piece design vs previously 2 piece
EV actuator now non smart and controlled completely by ecu for faster reaction

·
Registered
138 Posts
I didn’t get to see the new matryx machines. Figured the intake changed, but I’m curious about the pipe as well. Any ambassador info?
Remember the 03 ProX sleds with the pipe change for the front suspension. Hurt power a bit, if I remembering correctly?

·
Registered
20 850 Assault
2,478 Posts
From the looks the pipe is the same. The bulkhead is Axys so I can't see any pipe changes. I'll ask my contact and see if I can get an answer.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
I didn’t get to see the new matryx machines. Figured the intake changed, but I’m curious about the pipe as well. Any ambassador info?
Remember the 03 ProX sleds with the pipe change for the front suspension. Hurt power a bit, if I remembering correctly?
Yes if I remember right the pro-x 800 was way down, compared to the xc 800. Pro-x 800 was like 130hp or so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thats BS.. nothing wrong with the oil. They only nitrogen charged shocks to 105 on the center.. 115 on the rear. Easy oil change and recharge to 200 psi to fix.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
When the needle is pushed in to check pressure your allowing pressure to escape off. Can’t check the pressure. Can only charge up to the 200psi. It’s a very small volume of gas that goes into the shock. It doesn’t take much loss to bleed it off. After you charge it to spec, check the press after you are done. It won’t be at spec.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
When the needle is pushed in to check pressure your allowing pressure to escape off. Can’t check the pressure. Can only charge up to the 200psi. It’s a very small volume of gas that goes into the shock. It doesn’t take much loss to bleed it off. After you charge it to spec, check the press after you are done. It won’t be at spec.
Beat me to it, well said.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts