Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else notice rough engine at low rpm on deceleration slow acceleration in the 4500 to 4900 rpm range? This is problematic in tight trails in woods especially.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, experiencing the same thing on my 21 rr, it is annoying, looks like last years did it too, some say a precision tune will cure it, also some 800’s are seizing pistons, disappointed at this point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, experiencing the same thing on my 21 rr, it is annoying, looks like last years did it too, some say a precision tune will cure it, also some 800’s are seizing pistons, disappointed at this point.
I really thought that this was a tested motor, wtf.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
anyone else notice rough engine at low rpm on deceleration slow acceleration in the 4500 to 4900 rpm range? This is problematic in tight trails in woods especially.
Does it feel like the clutch disengages and it’s strictly the engine that’s running rough? Or, does it feel like engine braking, similar to an ATV, where the clutch stays engaged after you left off the throttle?

Mine runs fine accelerating and at a steady speed, but it seems Like the clutch doesn’t want to let go of the belt when I decelerate. It feels as though the clutches and engine ar having a disagreement about how fast the sled should slow down.

I’ve ridden a lot of Cat demo sleds and never noticed this, so I’ve chalked it up to clutches that need more miles to break in, as well as a new belt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it feel like the clutch disengages and it’s strictly the engine that’s running rough? Or, does it feel like engine braking, similar to an ATV, where the clutch stays engaged after you left off the throttle?

Mine runs fine accelerating and at a steady speed, but it seems Like the clutch doesn’t want to let go of the belt when I decelerate. It feels as though the clutches and engine ar having a disagreement about how fast the sled should slow down.

I’ve ridden a lot of Cat demo sleds and never noticed this, so I’ve chalked it up to clutches that need more miles to break in, as well as a new belt.
With this type of secondary that self adjusts for belt wear, sled will not coast when you let off throttle, seems like direct drive to engine input in this approx 4000-5000 rpm range after coming down from higher rpms. run. But engines seems terribly unruly in thid range,wicked touchy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts