Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Really like what I see on the new Matryx platform particularly the 7S display and the group ride feature. Looking at snowchecking a 2021 Assault Matryx but current sled I have is a 2020 Assault 850 with the standard gauge. Thought about ordering a PIDD gauge , did some research and found that the Polaris ride command group ride feature does not work on the PIDD. Hoping that maybe Polaris has done an update since their new 7S will have that feature. But, in the meantime, I called Trailtech and spoke with Angela. She looked into it and advised me that their Trailtech Voyager pro will work with the 2021 Polaris ride command group ride feature and that no additional modules or accessories will be needed to work with the new gauge, thus this will be via V2V which should be an RF signal, thus resulting in a varying range of .5 miles or greater, depending on obstructions to the signal. Hoping that by next season Polaris gets the PIDD to work with the ride command group ride, then I would just buy a PIDD, but if not, looks like the next best thing will be to link up with the Trailtech Voyager Pro.

With the new 7s display, I normally ride with my Wife and friend, so once I get a new sled, I will be the only one with 7s display and thus I can keep track of my Wife and friend. But that is limited: If my Wife and friend have their cell phone on, with Polaris ride command app installed, AND they have cell coverage, then we can each see one another. However, without cell coverage, in GPS mode, you can only see yourself only on your own display, whether that be phone or 7s. I just turned off cell data on both mine and Wifes phone and walked with both phones down the street. In GPS mode, I was able to see each my tracking on my phone, but could not see my Wifes tracking on my phone and vise versa. So, I am making the assumption that the 7s will not track others in the group unless they have cell coverage, or others have the 7s gauge, or if others in the group have the TrailTech Voyager pro. If this is the case, that is a real dissapointment as cell coverage is limited anywhere I ride and V2V is an RF signal and provides limited range. I called Polaris ride command and they did not have any information available yet as to how the system works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There’s been a lot of ?’s on here recently around the new 7s and its capabilities. I’m a bit miffed that they don’t have turn by turn capabilities unless you draw it up in ride command app and then transfer to 7s from Bluetooth to phone. At least that’s what I’m understanding.

I’m hoping if I pull out my phone I can set a destination on it and Bluetooth it right to the 7s. And it’s that simple. Would love to get my hands on the new 7s owners manual.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I am not aware of any information from Polaris that the 7SDD (7S Digital Display), has ANY turn by turn directions capability. I do not think that the Trail Tech Voyager Pro unit has that capability either.

The Polaris 7SDD, can receive .gpx tracks/rides planned on the Ride Command website, and then downloaded to the GPS, and display these tracks, along with the trails downloaded from The RideCommand.com website, BUT, they are simply images on the screen to be followed visually, by you turning the handlebar. I have not seen any directions to "turn left in 0.3 mile," like you might get from a Google Maps application on a Smart Phone, while driving your car.

The PIDD that has been available from Polaris since MY15, does not communicate with the outside world either thru Cell coverage or Radio Frequency (like a CB radio).
It can act like a bluetooth remote headset controller to adjust/mute volume, or Smartphone text message relay/notification, pass on Cellphone coverage bar/signal strength or Batttery power, but that's all. It does not communicate with other PIDD units. The PIDD is pushing its hardware to the limits currently, it is tight on storage memory and processing power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts