Hardcore Sledder banner

2021 600rr

6K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  dodger 
#1 · (Edited)
So winter 2020 I had my 2019 600R for a season and I was not happy with the rear tunnel issues that the 19 had, and the fact that running non race gas in the R engine made it a low performer. Might as well have a 600HO I thought.
Snow Snowmobile Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

So because the 21s had EFI now, a few roundy round teams bought sleds just for the engines. I scored one of these chassis.
I sold the 2019 retro and focused on making the 21 into a RR.

My first challenge was finding a 600HO. It took about 6 months and I was able to get all the parts to throw together a engine.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

Install was pretty simple other than a new engine mounting hole in the bulkhead had to be drilled for the HO mounting. The spacers used on the R engine on the pto side, had to be used on both sides of the HO. mag and pto. Doing this brings the pipe up to R engine level and without this, the rear engine torque stop was hitting the reed housing.
For ease of utilizing the Perc, I bought a RR complete wire harness to run on the 2021. Plug and play on the engine.I converted to the old round gauge, had a custom gauge surround made, and trimmed the console for the 10.5 tank
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I am marrying the RR harness at this point to a HD regulator/rectifier. This due to the dc lighting (ho has AC). Still not sure if I am going battery, or capacitor to keep lighting from flickering.

perc works perfect, but still have to modify the snowflap
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

Fuel tank Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tread

See less See more
#2 ·
So winter 2020 I had my 2019 600R for a season and I was not happy with the rear tunnel issues that the 19 had, and the fact that running non race gas in the R engine made it a low performer. Might as well have a 600HO I thought.
View attachment 2135562
So because the 21s had EFI now, a few roundy round teams bought sleds just for the engines. I scored one of these chassis.
I sold the 2019 retro and focused on making the 21 into a RR.

My first challenge was finding a 600HO. It took about 6 months and I was able to get all the parts to throw together a engine.
View attachment 2135558
Install was pretty simple other than a new engine mounting hole had to be drilled for the HO mounting. The spacers used on the R engine on the pto side, had to be used on both sides of the HO. mag and pto. Doing this brings the pipe up to R engine level and without this, the rear engine torque stop was not fitting.
For ease of utilizing the Perc, I bought a RR complete wire harness to run on the 2021. Plug and play on the engine.I converted to the old round gauge, had a custom gauge surround made, and trimmed the console for the 10.5 tank
View attachment 2135564
I am marrying the RR harness at this point to a HD regulator/rectifier. This due to the dc lighting (ho has AC). Still not sure if I am going battery, or capacitor to keep lighting from flickering.

perc works perfect, but still have to modify the snowflap
View attachment 2135561

View attachment 2135565

View attachment 2135567
Kudos on your project!

#5 ·
Nice job.
Im still waiting for somebody to get in the ballpark with a fuel injection tune so I can give that a try.My sources say that nobody seems to be able to nail the tune for a trail machine just yet. I still have my 2 old body 800 monos in my fleet for the time being.
Just curious if you are running 38mm or the 40mm iqr carbs .Im assuming that you are well aware of the issues on the iqr carbs.A lot of those have been thrown out at this point.

#7 ·
Nice job.
Im still waiting for somebody to get in the ballpark with a fuel injection tune so I can give that a try.My sources say that nobody seems to be able to nail the tune for a trail machine just yet. I still have my 2 old body 800 monos in my fleet for the time being.
I'm not sure Polaris has the different race tunes down yet. The Soo was won on carbs last year and the rest were going crazy trying to find a decent tune.

#6 · (Edited)
38mm carbs. I am using the TPS.

More work done to it lately. I red chrome wrapped a short Axys windshield.

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank

I added a couple of straps to the snowflap to keep it out of the track in rev.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Fuel tank

I installed a 05 RMK seat and an IQ map bag. The hole in the mapbag for the fuel filler neck is perfectly placed to view the fuel gauge.

Reactions: Al Czervik
#9 ·
So what is the story on the 40mm IQR carbs? I have little experience with the R engine.

#12 ·
The primer is a VERY good solution. I had a MY83 Vmax, bored and ported, with 44mm Track Mikunis on it, and with the primer, and allowing a few seconds for the fuel to vaporize, I used to win money off of the Polaris triple boys I was running with, in a morning cold start contest. Couple pulls, and it was rapping nicely thru the stock twin pipes.

#13 ·
I had an 05 IQ 440, I could not get that thing to start......until I added a primer. Easy peasy from there on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.