Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Nice work,just curious why you did not roll the chaincase?,with the riotx and 153m's done i would think the parts are on the shelf for it.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Nice work,just curious why you did not roll the chaincase?,with the riotx and 153m's done i would think the parts are on the shelf for it.
[/QUOTE
“Roll” the chaincase? Not exactly sure what you are referring to?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
rolling the chaincase moves the drive axle back and down from the front of the tunnel,gives more room for stud or lug distance and reduces the angle from the drive axle to skidframe.So you get much less rolling resistance and alot more speed.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
The rail tip to driver clearance is already somewhat tight. And the chaincase on the m sleds stick down way farther than what I am comfortable with for a trail sled. Could easily be damaged on a hard bottom out. I have plenty of front cooler clearance. Plus the stock chaincase can’t be rolled without serious mods. The bottom of the chaincase back is encapsulated by the tunnel.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I unfortunately threw a stud on my 16 ZR and lost coolant in essentially 8ft at 80mph. So we decided that the last 2021 Riot at my dealership needed a home. This one will also be getting the hacksaw r track, but will be a different build. Goal on the 21 is to make guys question why they bought a t-cat.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
FYI for anyone considering doing the this track/driver swap. If you have a 2021, cat changed the upper rear idler wheels on the 21’s to a larger diameter. You will have to swap those out to the 6.3 diameter wheels to make it work. Thought everything was the same from 20 to 21, but when I did the swap on my 21 with the same mods I did to make it work on my wife’s 20, I found the track was too tight. After I swapped the upper rear idler wheels out, I was fine. Will be riding this weekend. Will have some more updates beginning of the week.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
We have a Real Green Team mechanic on our hands!
We need guys that can pick colors like gray and make statements like "I like gray. Mixes well with other colors. Lots of Easter Eggs on the T Cat"
Don't you guys think we need an "Engineer" <ahem> "Tech" <ahem> "township Ditchdigger" masquerading as a sled expert involved?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
FYI for anyone considering doing the this track/driver swap. If you have a 2021, cat changed the upper rear idler wheels on the 21’s to a larger diameter. You will have to swap those out to the 6.3 diameter wheels to make it work. Thought everything was the same from 20 to 21, but when I did the swap on my 21 with the same mods I did to make it work on my wife’s 20, I found the track was too tight. After I swapped the upper rear idler wheels out, I was fine. Will be riding this weekend. Will have some more updates beginning of the week.
One race trick you can do if you have access to a lathe is chuck those up and skim the plastic on everything down till your cutting true, it will take off a little material and probably help you with some more room in there. Obviously the one thing racers do is get everything running with zero run out

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Was following and thought I’d bring it back. Wondering how you made out for top speed and how they compared? It’s a very interesting thread and love the track swap idea. Please let us know what you can.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Wife and I rode Wednesday and Thursday. Trails were hard in am but had to have scratchers down to not burn slides. From a dig or a 30mph or less roll, my 21 pulls her 20 by about 2 sleds to 80 or so, then she starts to catch up. Her 20 runs incredibly strong and the clutching is damn near spot on. I have some more tuning to do on my clutching for my 21. It’s way better than when I started, but still having some issues with pulling the right rpm at certain speeds/conditions. As it is now, her sled will pull mine on top. Have seen 113-114gps multiple times on her 20 in pretty good conditions. Believe it would pull 117-118 on super hard pack/ice.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I found the same difference in stock clutching between the 20 and 21 ZR sleds. It was a bit of a surprise since they are the exact same on paper.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I found the same difference in stock clutching between the 20 and 21 ZR sleds. It was a bit of a surprise since they are the exact same on paper.
Neither of our sleds have stock clutching. I meant that I have her clutching dialed in to pretty much spot on.

·
Registered
2021 RR, 2019 Alpha
190 Posts
Neither of our sleds have stock clutching. I meant that I have her clutching dialed in to pretty much spot on.
Interested to hear what you find works well with your 21!

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·

Thought I had posted a pic of what I did to my 21, but guess I never did… Ran out of season to get the clutching dialed, but will definitely be a runner once I get that straightened out.
D&D Riotec pipe into stock can, D&D head mod, airbox opened up, heat-taped bottom side of airbox, and Precision based D&D riot flash V2.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Im waiting to see dyno results from the domes. They dont list it online or facebook. They told me it would need more timing than the head mod. Because its cut like an lts mod.

So it will have lower compression than the head mod and less hp since it has not been dynoed and they have not adjusted the flash for timing to accommodate the head.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts