Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I am using the lower front arm mounting holes and the upper rear. I noticed when I had the track off and skid mounted in tunnel in factory mounting holes that the front of the skid/rails are off the ground. Like the limiter strap is sucked up a couple holes on a 137 or 141. No wonder everyone complains that the riot/146 doesn’t transfer weight worth a shit. With the front arm mounted in lower holes, the skid sits flat.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Finally done with initial set up. Gonna put some miles on tomorrow after work. Anyone want to guess what speed I’ll see while still in break-in???

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
No studs? 22/41 with 10 tooth is still around 106 or so before o.d. I believe, being its a 1 inch track it should go well.

How far of a distance? What are you running for a finish angle? 48 i feel works pretty good. Im sure 47-46 would work too but youd need some finish on the spring.

Are you running stock weights?

All stock including helix, weights and springs probably hit 83-8400 and maybe do 110 gps due to low rolling resistance. Thats assuming you had a really long lake.

Ive done 112 gps with a 141 cobra not studded in about 2500ft. Sled only had reeds. It was a 15 xf 8000. I was around 8320 rpm, so way over revving.

By 1500ft i was around 107

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I only assumed yours may go slower than the 15 i had because yours will probably over rev more being a 1 inch and stronger motor. So it may lose speed due to that.

Clutch that thing and im sure it would do 115 if you have the distance and low rolling resistance! Cant wait to find out!!

Nice looking machine!!

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
No studs? 22/41 with 10 tooth is still around 106 or so before o.d. I believe, being its a 1 inch track it should go well.

How far of a distance? What are you running for a finish angle? 48 i feel works pretty good. Im sure 47-46 would work too but youd need some finish on the spring.

Are you running stock weights?

All stock including helix, weights and springs probably hit 83-8400 and maybe do 110 gps due to low rolling resistance. Thats assuming you had a really long lake.

Ive done 112 gps with a 141 cobra not studded in about 2500ft. Sled only had reeds. It was a 15 xf 8000. I was around 8320 rpm, so way over revving.

By 1500ft i was around 107
No studs yet. Wanna get a little time on it, then I’ll start poking holes. Studs are sitting in a box waiting. 1.575 triggers. Stock helix. Stock weights. Different springs.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Any updates...
Not yet. Was too busy Saturday to get any seat time. Sunday was a wash as well. Hope to get some miles on this weekend or possibly sometime this week. Hope to get my 16 zr 800 back together this week as well. So definitely will ride this weekend with the wife if I get that done.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
So, what is it that makes this chassis top out too early? clutching? rolling resistance? gearing?

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Almost like it wasn't built to race... lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Haha. I’m taking care of that!! Definitely going out this weekend. We just got a decent storm finally. Snow has been thin. I think we are somewhere around 60-70in below normal. But trails should be decent this weekend.

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Finally got some seat time today. Unfortunately we didn’t come across any trails smooth enough to do any top end pulls. I saw 107 on speedo and was still pulling very hard. Next time I am out I’ll do some gps pulls. I will say, that for being in break-in, I was very impressed. 30-100 is ridiculous for a stock 800. I have a 16 Zr 800 Ltd 137 that has a fresh top end and runs strong. All stock besides clutching and 2per bay carbide trail studs. It’s one of the strongest running stock zuk 800 I’ve ridden. That being said, the Riot absolutely embarrasses it. 30mph roll and by 90 the riot is ahead by at least 4-5 lengths. Possibly more. Cat should have made the 144x14x1 track an option for these sleds. Corners waaayyy better than you think it should. Can’t wait to get it fully broke in and really fine tune the clutching and gearing. I’m confident after a little seat time, that if geared and clutched properly, it will pull 115+ easily. 120+ on super hard pack/ice.

·
Premium Member
20,467 Posts
Good to hear the riot is working out. Keep us posted.
My 16 137 was the biggest turd I ever had. I sold it to a member on here and I told him that when he first asked about it. Great sled otherwise

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Good to hear the riot is working out. Keep us posted.
My 16 137 was the biggest turd I ever had. I sold it to a member on here and I told him that when he first asked about it. Great sled otherwise
Great sled other than being a turd! Lmao!

·
Registered
20 Riot, 21 Riot.
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Studs installed....Just going 2 per bay for now. 1.575 triggers in a 1in hacksaw gives you a true 3/4in penetration.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts