Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow riders, I'm first time Polaris owner always ridden yamaha artic cat or skidoo very excited to try the new beast.

I would like to ask professionals about their opinions of any required changes or upgrades.

Also since there is no turbo on these sleds yet are there any tuning out there?

Because coming from zr9000 or a sidewinder all with over 200hp the Titan with only 155hp might not feel the same.

Let's hope for lots of power this winter season!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Personally I would leave the titan alone tune wise. It’s a utility sled and it goes at a good clip for a utility sled. I’ve rode one 20-30 miles and it works well for its application. But no tune or tweaking is gonna make it or break it.

·
Vendor
10,553 Posts
and a tune will void your warranty. if you have one? like said it's a utility sled. you can not compare it to your previous sleds. not the same animal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear you guys about titan being a utility sled but so is the expedition 900 turbo that I couldn't get my hands on this year everything is sold out and none used in my area and that sled with a tune and exhaust is a beast with 220hp!

That's why I started this thread to see if I can easily bump up the titan to let's say 180hp to compensate for the lack of turbo.

I'm pretty sure it's a matter of time until Polaris will throw in a turbo across the line like the competitors but for now looking for alternatives.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
If your hell bent on it. Slp , dynoport , jaws, make a pipe that works decent on the 800s that dump into the stock can or one of thier own louder ones. No tune needed for them. Bmp. Has a bunch of stage tuning and parts including tunes . Im not sure if any of these products fit the titan. Chassis and configurations. Im sure some would.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your hell bent on it. Slp , dynoport , jaws, make a pipe that works decent on the 800s that dump into the stock can or one of thier own louder ones. No tune needed for them. Bmp. Has a bunch of stage tuning and parts including tunes . Im not sure if any of these products fit the titan. Chassis and configurations. Im sure some would.

Hey Lid2 thanks for the info very helpful!

Just got off the phone and unfortunately every shop is saying that none of the pipes will fit the titan due to different configuration of the Y pipe.

It can be done if I drop off the sled to them for fitment and adjustments however the gain potential is not big here we're talking 15hp after the pipe, clutches and tune.

Its kind of sad that Polaris doesn't have much going on for the 2 strokes guess I should have done my homework before buying one because I love my turbos and how easy you gain power!

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
its pretty much the choice of sled that is limiting you. Other polaris sleds xc129/137,Xcr128/136,assaults 144-146 ,sks. Etc Have a wide variety of aftermarket mods. And tried and true set ups. With that being said your not gonna get the big power of a turbo sled tune as they are controlling boost pressure , fuel ,timing etc. no manufacturer 2 strike is gonna get the gains like that . Imo if you don’t really need a straight up utility sled for that purpose and still want the longer tunnel and track for flotation and storage etc. get your hands on an assault. There is a bunch of stuff for 800 sleds. Some stuff for 850s . If you get an 800 assault I recommend 18 or newer. IF a you really need a utility sled then the titan will do the utility portion very well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The reason I stopped riding 15 and 16 inch wide and 137 long tracks was due to the fact that majority of the time I ride 2up and just not stable enough for my liking going into corners always have to watch it way too tipsy and forget about crossing the lake with some rough spots.

My first choice was the skidoo expedition ace 900 turbo also 20 inch wide track even comes with swt 24 inches and I've seen a couple over 200hp crazy fast for utility sled and doesn't require much to get there.

So why do they even bother still making 2 stokes besides the lighter weight sounds like they are missing out big time.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
The vast majority of the market still prefers 2 strokes. For the weight , playfulness , ability to maintain , repair etc. they just do a better job in a variety of trail conditions and terrain. If speed is the name of the game then 4 stroke turbo is the way to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like 2 strokes are meant more for the mountain riders or someone looking to play more in the powder off the trails.

I understand the fact that it's much easier, faster and less expensive to rebuild a 2 stroke motor rather than a 4 stroke but who does this now day's? It's been a very long time since I worked on my motors ever since switching to 4 stokes because they are bullet proof and last forever 20k miles no problem everything else will start failing before the need to rebuild a 4 stroke motor!

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
Idk. Different strokes for different folks. Where I am it’s all trails no mountains or off trail. And there are very few 4 strokes being used compared to 2 strokes . I’ve had 4 strokes 2 of them. I personally don’t care for them but they are getting better. If I rode long relativity flat trails all the time then I would get a turbo 4s. But I don’t. It’s all mixed of open , fields , woods trails etc. here groomed but get traffic so they get whooped up pretty good. 2 stroke is better tool for me. I still do my own two stroke engines etc . Guy I used to ride with was able to kill his Yamaha 3 cyl. In 5000 miles. She was beat. Burning oil down on compression. Etc. so Depends on how you ride them. I do hear 4 strokes are bigger in Canadian trail system than here. They are all good and bad pick your poison

1 - 12 of 12 Posts