Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says they have finally arrived. Ordered them from Country Cat back in November however, I got them through Babbits online. In recent inquiries with
C-Cat I was told they were still unavailable from the manufacturer so I checked with Babbits and they said they are showing available; so I ordered through Babbits and they arrived yesterday. Not sure what C-Cats issue is as they have always been very reliable; oh well!

The updated gussets have rolled edges and should be much stronger than the originals. They are approximately .007" to .010" thicker pending on where they are measured.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do they go or what are they for?
They go in behind the upper a-arm front mount bracket inside the front frame or bulkhead to support that area. Apparently they found that the original gussets shown on the left in above pic did not provide enough support. They are one of the components that were upgraded with 2020 front suspension.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I've had problems with Country Cat before. I needed carb parts and they sent the wrong ones. I mailed back the wrong parts and the post office damaged the package so only a few of the parts arrived back ( main jets ) 3 weeks go by and finally I call them. where are my parts that I paid for? "We were waiting for the return parts before we sent the correct parts." So a note to myself, never tell them you received the wrong parts, say some parts were missing.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They go in behind the upper a-arm front mount bracket inside the front frame or bulkhead to support that area. Apparently they found that the original gussets shown on the left in above pic did not provide enough support. They are one of the components that were upgraded with 2020 front suspension.
Just wanted to clarify to avoid any confusion; the gussets are one of a number of components that were changed with the updated front suspension on the 2020 ZRs. Unless you are updating a previous model year sled they are not necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Like the title says they have finally arrived. Ordered them from Country Cat back in November however, I got them through Babbits online. In recent inquiries with
C-Cat I was told they were still unavailable from the manufacturer so I checked with Babbits and they said they are showing available; so I ordered through Babbits and they arrived yesterday. Not sure what C-Cats issue is as they have always been very reliable; oh well!

The updated gussets have rolled edges and should be much stronger than the originals. They are approximately .007" to .010" thicker pending on where they are measured.

View attachment 2104691
Yes also received mine a few days back from Country Cat, order from them 2-3 times per week (during winter) for the past 10+ yrs without any issues.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I looked at page 13 of the 2020 front end thread to see the location of the installed gusset. Does anyone have another picture that could help show perspective on where this part is located?

What needs to be removed to gain access to the 2018/19 gusset so that the 2020 version can be installed?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I looked at page 13 of the 2020 front end thread to see the location of the installed gusset. Does anyone have another picture that could help show perspective on where this part is located?

What needs to be removed to gain access to the 2018/19 gusset so that the 2020 version can be installed?
Thanks.
Look at the upper A-arm forward mount to the bulkhead/front frame. There you will see a zinc plated silver bracket that the ears for the A-arm straddle with a nut and bolt going through. The gusset is located behind that bracket on the inside of the bulkhead/front frame. There are two screws and one rivet on the 2019 and older models. The rivet is replaced on the 2020 suspension upgrade with a nut and Torx head screw to the new gusset.

As far as what needs to be removed; I can only tell you on a turbo as that is what I have. Hood, front lower fascia, fascia by fuse panel, bumper, fuse panel has to be released from its mounting clips to pull the bumper, the aluminum sensor mount that has the 4 sensors on it by the fuse panel (note: you do not need to unhook any hoses from the sensors just pull it up outta the way and zip tie it to the hole in the clutch side air vent fascia), inter cooler, nut bolt & bushing from front upper A-arm bracket, and I think thats about it. Did mine last week its a basic job; you have to reach in over the top inside with an 8mm socket on a 1/4 drive to get at the bolts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts