Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice this? Track seems kind of loud. Running the ice ripper. Was riding a couple weeks ago and suddenly the track seemed to get louder
in lower snow conditions. With plenty of snow its not as bad. I came off of a 137 switchback that seemed a little quieter. When i got home i put the sled up on the left and ran it and could still hear the noise. Almost like the snow-flap is pushed into the track. Tension is a little loose but not terrible.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Anyone notice this? Track seems kind of loud. Running the ice ripper. Was riding a couple weeks ago and suddenly the track seemed to get louder
in lower snow conditions. With plenty of snow its not as bad. I came off of a 137 switchback that seemed a little quieter. When i got home i put the sled up on the left and ran it and could still hear the noise. Almost like the snow-flap is pushed into the track. Tension is a little loose but not terrible.
Check in the front of tunnel to see if it is rubbing the tunnel guard. Are you running tunnel protectors?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Check in the front of tunnel to see if it is rubbing the tunnel guard. Are you running tunnel protectors?
OK thank you ill do that. Yes i have factory installed tunnel protectors. Ill make sure those are not loose either. Are tunnel guards different than Tunnel
protectors?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I had of a vibration in mine. Everything was fine before we went in for dinner came back out and rode and had a severe vibration down by my left foot. Pulled over after about 5 miles of riding and looked at it with a flashlight and sure enough there was a two and a half foot three-quarter inch stick wedged in. Removed it and wallah no more vibration. I could have sworn the lower drive shaft bearing was bad.
Just a thought to take a look it's happened to me twice already.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Im on a different sled 2020 rush pro-s 850 but I to am heading a ton of noise from my track. ive had a lot of sleds never heard anything like this. Ive checked it over and over on the lift on the trails etc etc etc, i cannot seem to find out where the noise is coming from!

·
Registered
844 Posts
On the rush Pro S I found that the track tension mattered a bunch. Make sure your checking with the right weight and that you have good alignment. If it is not ratcheting and you have checked over your track lugs super well for bends , breaks , and blowouts you may need to check bearings up front. I always hated that you cannot grease those from the factory anyway. I assume you checked over all the wheel bearings and alike.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Im on a different sled 2020 rush pro-s 850 but I to am heading a ton of noise from my track. ive had a lot of sleds never heard anything like this. Ive checked it over and over on the lift on the trails etc etc etc, i cannot seem to find out where the noise is coming from!
I had my '20 XCR on the lift a few days ago to warm up the track before checking the track tension and noticed a noise coming from the chain case area. I took the side panel off on that side and was able to find that that the noise was coming from the inside brake pad knocking against the rotor, I'm not sure what is causing this at this point (maybe a warped Rotor???) as I didn't have time to look into it much further but am going to take it to my dealer soon and let them figure it out under warranty. Good luck with yours!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill check the brake pad area. The sound seemed to come from the other side more. Ill pull the bearing and check it. Track tension is a little loose. I noticed there is a little black on the Tunnel protectors. Possibly just too loose hopefully. About 2" or so with about 10# on the track.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I get a vibration and noise some times on mine but I've always found it to be ice build up and nothing to worry about. The faster you drive the less you notice it so just drive faster.
Thats a good point. I didnt think of that. I did notice it seems to be going slower. Speeding up the noise does seem to go away.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I get a vibration and noise some times on mine but I've always found it to be ice build up and nothing to worry about. The faster you drive the less you notice it so just drive faster.
Yeah me too I noticed that a lot this last weekend. Got on the grade, and anything above 50 and it was bad vibration, worked through it and it went away it was ice buildup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts