Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Seems like the tune may be a waste of cash with 20-21 sleds as they are already coming in at 155-156HP as opposed to the 18 at 148-152 and 19's at 152-154.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
The 19s hit 154-156. The tune cleans up issues. Im pretty sure reed variances play a big part too. From what i heard. The 20+ didnt respond as well to reeds. I think tune would be worth it regardless. Sled runs better. Wont load up from what it sounds like. If i wasnt going full riot kit id just do a flash

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My buddy has an 18 with the Precision Flash and it runs strong. My 20 Doo 850 XRS will beat it everytime we line up but I dont kill it by any means.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Tommcat installed the precision flash and adjustable Dalton weights on my Riot, put about 1000 miles on the flash. Total miles on the sled are about 1400. The mid to upper rpm range improved the most, I had some annoying stutters cruising around 6500rpm that are now gone. Currently at 79grams and the sled feels strong. Rpm down low still stutters and when coming to a stop still hangs the idle. Overall love the sled
My observations above still stand. I wonder if Precision will revise the flash in the future, I wish it would do away with the hanging idle after long runs.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My observations above still stand. I wonder if Precision will revise the flash in the future, I wish it would do away with the hanging idle after long runs.
You see this more and more with these EPA friendly motors, they hang the idle to burn off the excess fuel. Cat didn't with the 18's and you had the flames.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You see this more and more with these EPA friendly motors, they hang the idle to burn off the excess fuel. Cat didn't with the 18's and you had the flames.
They still flame with the Cat reflash and hanging idle, witnessed it on my brother’s 19’ 8000rr

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I almost wonder if its the oil thats in the can starting on fire and burning up. I have an 18 and have not seen flames and so far have no flame damage. Reeds fixed my idle. Idles as low or lower than my zuk and comes down just as fast.

Maybe certain thinner oem petals (3 thickness variations) would cause the higher idle being they dont close as tight which then causes the lean condition and leads to flaming in the exhaust? I dunno

21 - 32 of 32 Posts