Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone run the Precision tune on there 20's with the new version of 800 ?

If so thoughts ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am curious on this as well. Of course, mine is out of warranty now, would like to do this for next season if it makes sense to.

·
Premium Member
33,237 Posts
We did a few this winter and all of the owners said it was a significant improvement in how they ran overall. No huge power gains but they took a bit more weight in the clutch

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'20 ZR8000 Ltd
3,376 Posts
We did a few this winter and all of the owners said it was a significant improvement in how they ran overall. No huge power gains but they took a bit more weight in the clutch

How much weight was added? I'm at 8400rpm with the stock tune.

Anybody specifically say what rpms it ran better at? Namely the 5000 range? Did their idle still hang?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
We just got the flash done on my wifes riot. I have limited time riding it since the flash but the running quality is definitely improved. Its still a little rough at very very low throttle input, like just off engagement trying to creep as slow as possible. Everything above that is cleared up and smoother. Great response. Idle does still hang but doesnt seem to hang as long as stock but not enough time on it to say 100% for sure on that. Picked up a solid 150rpm. will need weights for sure as precision says to clutch that flash for 7900.

·
Registered
214 Posts

Anybody specifically say what rpms it ran better at? Namely the 5000 range? Did their idle still hang?

I'd like to know this also

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'd like to know this also
Tommcat installed the precision flash and adjustable Dalton weights on my Riot, put about 1000 miles on the flash. Total miles on the sled are about 1400. The mid to upper rpm range improved the most, I had some annoying stutters cruising around 6500rpm that are now gone. Currently at 79grams and the sled feels strong. Rpm down low still stutters and when coming to a stop still hangs the idle. Overall love the sled

·
Premium Member
33,237 Posts

we switched them to a 76 gram dalton adjustable if i remember right.
improvements were throughout the entire range. minor hanging of idle, but better than the initial calibration as well as the cat reflash

·
Super Advanced Member
4,086 Posts
I have a 2020 limited 800, stock flash, I'm now running 77 grams and need to add more weight- sled has 1400 miles. Im happy with the stock flash

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
I have a 2020 limited 800, stock flash, I'm now running 77 grams and need to add more weight- sled has 1400 miles. Im happy with the stock flash
You mean the flash that came from arctic for the flaming issue
?
No, he means the flash from the factory originally. No reflash for the 2020s....as said above, that "factory reflash" was for the 18s and 19s

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The Vforce rubber tipped reeds i believe help this a lot. My 18 before reeds revved to the moon especially cold. 1500rpm now when coming down from.speed

·
Super Advanced Member
4,086 Posts
My stock 2020 might take 20 -30 seconds for the rpms to settle down once in a while, no big deal to me

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine seemed to rev longer than a minute, i have 1475 for miles. Its a 20 Riot 800 1.6" QS3's. Weather could be a factor, Jan/Feb was 10-20 degrees and first 2 weeks in March temps was higher maybe 20-30 degrees out. I tried braaping the throttle and driving around slow to the temps drops. Still a PIA when everybody shuts off the sled and starts talking or head in for some to eat and I'm still waiting to shut my sled off. Other than that I love the sled, I'm sure I'll get use to to it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts