Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in Supertax magazine (Canadian Magazine) that the 2020 8000 had a CPU timing upgrade along with new cylinders and pistons with no slots.
The fuel injectors are now in the transfer ports and they claim near 850 cc horse power. Anyone have any comments regarding this upgrade

·
Registered
99 Posts
I read in Supertax magazine (Canadian Magazine) that the 2020 8000 had a CPU timing upgrade along with new cylinders and pistons with no slots.
The fuel injectors are now in the transfer ports and they claim near 850 cc horse power. Anyone have any comments regarding this upgrade
I have 0km on my 2020 but from everything I have read and been told, we can keep up to the 850 up to 120kmh then we get smoked. Considering we can power out of twist and turns with the skies still flat on the trail... I hope that we can out ride them in most situations.

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
887 Posts
I dont think you get smoked, but how often do you race compared to ride? Top end to ne is over rated. I dont think I saw 90 last winter on either of my Cat 600's.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I dont think you get smoked, but how often do you race compared to ride? Top end to ne is over rated. I dont think I saw 90 last winter on either of my Cat 600's.
We ride hard and the 850 Doo's made it real hard for my 2017 8000 to keep up on long runs but not many if any 9000's kept up to us on long runs either. Looking forward to feel the difference between the ZUK and the latest CTEC2. I'll let you know after break in.

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm with you. I like coming out of a corner and feel my arms stretch up to 60 MPH and then back it off. Stretching it out across a Lake every once in awhile is ok but not the reason I ride.
My 6000 is real snappy and my 7000 is a torque monster, they both are fun trail sleds but have different engine characteristics when you hit the fun lever.

·
Insane Madcatter
06 F7 EFI / 00 MXZ 600
129 Posts
We ride hard and the 850 Doo's made it real hard for my 2017 8000 to keep up on long runs but not many if any 9000's kept up to us on long runs either.
Hard to believe an 800 ProCross doesn't handle trails good as a 850 Gen 6, or that its that much of a difference. Understandable with a 4 stroke turbo all day for smaller guys.
Not arguing/disagreeing, just hard to believe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hard to believe an 800 ProCross doesn't handle trails good as a 850 Gen 6, or that its that much of a difference. Understandable with a 4 stroke turbo all day for smaller guys.
Not arguing/disagreeing, just hard to believe.
In tight trails we gain on them but unless you are leading, once you hit a few long straights, couple lake/river crossings... They end up pulling away and once they pull away, our 3 Zuk's could not catch up. So the trick was not to let them lead Can't wait to feel the new tork and response of the CTEC2

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
they have a low end knock to them now and they don’t really make that much more power over the 18/19. The stock clutching is the biggest hold back to them not the engine power

1 - 15 of 15 Posts