Hardcore Sledder banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
Parked beside Willies bar and Grill in Foam Lake..Awesome wings there..
Great, I'll have to remember that. Last year, we had wings at Kelvington Hotel. They were fairly decent and a lot better than I was expecting given the bartender was also the chef.

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
Poor guy, being a tail gunner in a Lancaster had very low odds on survival. Good to see people wanting to remember him though.

A night ride? You surprise me. I thought you two were just daytime riders. ;)

Looks like the warm-up next week is going to miss your area. Eastern Manitoba will probably be toast after Tuesday, and for sure by Sunday.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Temps above zero, melting our fun away!!!!!
Plus 7 yesterday...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
Test rode a Lynx..Impressive...
Nice, very nice! You'll have to share a bit more than that though. Perhaps just a little comparison to your current sled, which is a 900 turbo?

Did the wife say I want one. :giggle: You can tell it was warm as she isn't wearing gloves in the last snap;)

Those skis look fairly aggressive, almost like a C&A Razor. From the picture, the centre keel seems to dig a decent size trench. How was the steering in twisty trail sections or a very low speeds? Did it take a lot of effort to turn? Are those normal trail size skis?

Suspension wise ... the Lynx should have rode a bit stiffer than your current sled. Did you notice that?

You should make the fourth snap the background picture on your mobile phone. Then she will say you know, we should get those Lynx sleds .... :)

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Ski's turned very aggressive.No darting like the pilot X..We were very impressed. Not much effort..
On trail similar to our X sleds..Off trail much better over the rock hard drifts...
The 850 is fun, but way diff than the 900T..Seat a bit short for us Short people.
It was set at medium on shocks, if we could have had it for the day we would have set it to max soft for our weights..So hard to tell on a short run..but still would be excellent for the younger, off trail, or people who need a sled to hammer the real ruff trails..They going to sell a ton of these just because its different..
Plus the color is very sharp..

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
Thanks, that helps. Yes, the sled looks very appealing in your snaps.

Looks like you should be getting some snow overnight. Hopefully enough to top up areas that got a bit thin from the recent warm weather.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Archerwill closed their trails today..Pulled their stakes..:cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
Saw where Hudson Bay has closed the trail through the village. Open fields have a hard time surviving the strong sun in March. The bush trails above Hudson Bay should be good for a bit longer.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Kelvington West and south trails closed..we pulled up the stakes from RV to Hendon today..

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
Mileage report for the season? Think you two got out quite a bit, so a decent albeit shorter than normal season.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts