Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Made a quick trip out to Cupar and rode the trails they have managed to groom. Overall put on about 70 miles. Trails were decent. There are some thin spots, but not very many. But if it does hit plus 3 for both Sat and Sunday, they may need more snow before riding again.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Lots of sleds at Naicam today..Trails are getting ruff as their groomer is down till maybe next week..

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Naicam and Archerwill trails are super busy this weekend..Both clubs groomed so its awesome..

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
What ... no snaps?

The SK network is really opening up as I saw Candle Lake now has all their trails open. Just the Weeks area trails and the trail to Moose Range Lodge seems to be closed at the moment. Great job by most of the clubs.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
What ... no snaps?

The SK network is really opening up as I saw Candle Lake now has all their trails open. Just the Weeks area trails and the trail to Moose Range Lodge seems to be closed at the moment. Great job by most of the clubs.
Really not alot of snow..Nothing for many weeks and groomers cant do much..Heavy traffic on groomed trails every week end..Forecast for Rain on wednesday and Plus 5 C...

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
:) Great picture. Trail looks really good. It is a season where I just have to look at pictures as it is impossible to travel with the virus.

Really appreciate the snaps. It cheers me up seeing these. (y)

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
A real different season. No one stops at shacks to chat..Or if they do each in their little groups..

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
Probably best not to chat with others given the circumstances. It is hard on everyone and such a shame, as the camaraderie when meeting other snowmobilers at the shacks is always a good experience. You mean so many fantastic people, all out enjoying the sport.

My friends in Manitoba really want to ride in SK again this season, but the restrictions make it very difficult for them too.

So until next season, all I've got is your pictures that you post.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Our ride to Humboldt yesterday.
Archerwill/Naicam/Annaheim/Humboldt. Then return to Watson/Quill lake and home..Great day for a 340 Km ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yup..Rite now its zero and pouring rain like in June/July...Highways are a disaster..

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
:cry: Oh boy, rain, especially pouring rain, can just kill the trail system and mean sleds burn through hyfax quickly once everything ices up again. Hope you get some more snow behind the system.

By the way, we never made it to the Granny Shack last season. We had planned to do that loop on our way from Melfort to Kelvington, but it was -31C that morning with a strong wind, so we waited to leave until it warmed up a bit. It meant we had to cut the planned route and instead rode towards Red Deer Shelter. Trails were amazing that day but it was cold outside.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Blizzard on now..Zero vis..Temp at plus 1 with rain also...Most highways travel not recomended.

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
Thanks for the update. Should have cooled back down by now as the warm weather moved through fairly quickly. Hopefully little rain fell and not much damage to the trails.

My normal riding buddies based in Manitoba are headed to Hudson Bay in a couple of weeks time. Not sure yet if they will saddlebag or just ride local. I saw they have groomed down from Hudson Bay towards Moose Range, but it doesn't appear the Lodge has groomed the trail into their place yet. That's always a fun ride, with a 50:50 chance of seeing a moose.

As always, looking forward to your updates and pictures.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Minus 40 windchill last few days..No riding but groomers are out..Trails setting up good..

·
Registered
Ski-Doo 1200 MXZ
387 Posts
Yes, the recent colder weather will keep sledders indoors whilst the groomers get the trails set up. Should be a great weekend for you. Friday would be a good day to ride.

My friends in Manitoba were all set for a trip to SK in Feb, but then Manitoba announced travel restrictions yesterday so they are having to abandon their trip. :cautious:

Shame, as I helped them plan some loops up to Tobin Lake and another down to Porcupine Plains. Just have to suck it up for a season until the virus is under control.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 6737 KM
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Yes Manitoba locking the boarders.
Its a tuff yr for sledders and business that make money off winter..Some will not be here next yr..

21 - 40 of 74 Posts