Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this sled guy said it has done 117mph on gps but max speed on sled says 96mph? Any thoughts.. has a ripsaw track and two studs all way up the middle. Said has the 2020 flash Is there anything else I should look for or do

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
20,702 Posts
Stock ... no way (not GPS anyway). I could actually believe if it were the other way around, and he had hero snow / perfect conditions to hit 117mph on his max recall. But the bottom line is, the sled in stock form will hit the century mark & need help with clutching/gearing/programming of the ECU to take it to where he's talking.

·
Premium Member
16,056 Posts
My own 2019 has hit 115 on speedo when it was stock and running at 8000 rpms on a warm 38 deg day in soft snow/ice lake conditions. 72 gram stock weights and springs. Barely broken in. 192 studs, ripsaw track. Although I haven't tried it now with 76 grams of Cutler weight, it runs at least as fast top end as my buddy with same sled who has hit 121 mph on speedo. This takes much heavier weights and rpms should be at 8050-8150 with 20 degree ambient temps or lower.

·
Registered
40,282 Posts
Back in the day doing speed runs under perfect lake conditions with a stock 96 600 xcr sp triple triple, I did consistent runs of a 115 mph in 2500 feet. They were backed up with one of the guys using a state police radar gun.

·
Premium Member
16,056 Posts
Back in the day doing speed runs under perfect lake conditions with a stock 96 600 xcr sp triple triple, I did consistent runs of a 115 mph in 2500 feet. They were backed up with one of the guys using a state police radar gun.
I would expect around 130 mph with sled set up for top speed in ideal conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts