Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Again this year I am doing a running list of the snowmobile swap/show/races. If you know of one not listed, post it up and I will ad to the list. As usual, if you do not like the show, we do not care. Our shows are becoming few and far between so we all should be making an effort to attend and promote. For the sake of the sport.

Enjoy

OVER 13 Jul
Nimby Pond Snowmobile Watercross Race (Vintage Classes)
Buchanan, MI Facebook
OVER 20 Jul
11th Annual Benzie Mainstee Snowbirds Vintage Snowmobile Show & Swap.
Kaleva, MI Flyer
OVER 27 Jul
Snowmobile Show part of Gwinn Fun Daze.
Gwinn, MI gwinnlionsclub | Facebook | Flyer
OVER 3 Aug
Nimby Pond Snowmobile Watercross Race (Vintage Classes)
OVER 23 AND 24TH Aug
Nelsons Snomotion
https://www.nelsonsspeedshop.com/snomotion
Buchanan, MI Facebook
OVER 6-7 Sep
St. Ignace Snowmobile Show in conjunction with the tractor show/parade. If you plan to show a sled(s) you must contact Snowmobile Museum ahead of time.
St. Ignace, MI snowmobilemuseum | Flyer
OVER 14 Sep
2nd Annual Bay Area Sledders Vintage Event
Bay City, MI Facebook
10th Annual Kris Klaus Memorial Grass Drags and More
Deckerville, MI Facebook
Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum Swap Meet.
Naubinway, MI snowmobilemuseum | Flyer
OVER 21 Sep
2019 West Michigan Fall Classic Vintage & Classic Snow Show in co-junction with the Snowmobile Shootout at Martin Motorplex.
Martin, MI Facebook
Twisting Trails Grass Racing.
Twin Lake, MI Facebook
Muskegon 231 Snow Show
http://lakeshorewindowtinting.com/231SnowShow.com/
OVER 28 Sep
Sod Dragon Snowmobile Drags and Vintage Snowmobile Show.
Wayland, MI Flyer
Hiawathaland Snowmobile Club Swap Meet
Marquette, MI Facebook
OVER 12 Oct
Marion Snowmobile Swap Meet
Marion, MI Facebook | Flyer
19 Oct
Twin Lake, MI Facebook
26 Oct
Sparta 500 Grass Drags
Sparta, MI Facebook
Saints Swap Meet
St Charles, MI saintssnowmobileclub | Flyer
1-2 Nov
A-1 Swap and Show (New location for 2019, see map!).
Clio, MI Flyer | Map
9 Nov
Twin Lake, MI Facebook
14 Dec
Vulcan Relic Riders 3rd Annual Vintage Snowmobile Show and Swap Meet. New location this year! William Anderson Sportsman's Club, W5616 First St.
Hermansville, MI Facebook | Flyer(PDF) | Flyer(jpg)
4th Annual Snowmobile the Mighty Mac.
St. Ignace, MI snowmobilemuseum

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snomotion this Friday and Saturday...Anyone going?

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nelsons was small and a far cry from what it once was.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nelsons was small and a far cry from what it once was.
Agreed. One of my co-workers has been trying to get me to go for the past 5 years, "It’s a blast!" he said. Well, I didn't have anything going on Saturday so I decided to take the boy for a road trip. Met another friend up there and we walked around for an hour or so but there really wasn't much to see. How do you have a snow show and not have any 2020 models? Talked with a sales guy for a bit and he claimed he was on loan from Lakeside, but he obviously didn't know sleds at all. My friend has been looking for a mountain sled for the UP and out West and the salesman didn't know what the Alpha was...
Only good thing from the afternoon was that my son really enjoyed the monster trucks. I won't be back next year.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
They are advertising like crazy around here for help at Lakeside.

I have never paid the extra to go in to the special events.

I was there around 915 and left at 1030. The swap was 1/4 of what it was a couple of years ago. It is crazy because the Haydays turns swappers away after selling out their swap spaces in 2 days. There has never been a comparison between the 2 I know. It just befuttles me that Michigan can not get a decent Swap/Show/race going again.

It is easier I guess to set home and throw a couple of pics on Facebook to sell stuff.

·
Vendor
4,565 Posts
They are advertising like crazy around here for help at Lakeside.

I have never paid the extra to go in to the special events.

I was there around 915 and left at 1030. The swap was 1/4 of what it was a couple of years ago. It is crazy because the Haydays turns swappers away after selling out their swap spaces in 2 days. There has never been a comparison between the 2 I know. It just befuttles me that Michigan can not get a decent Swap/Show/race going again.

It is easier I guess to set home and throw a couple of pics on Facebook to sell stuff.
Man back in the day at the MSA Hastings show the Swap meet would be really big. I'm thinking late 90's early 2000's.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yes back when the manufacturers would show up. Between them tightening their belts, the fairgrounds charging too much money, and issues between the MSA and the race people it was destined to end. We can't forget the impact of ebay, craigslist, and Facebook too. Too bad, we had it pretty good here with a mini Haydays.

A-1 is the only one that is a decent size swap, but not much of a show. Novi usually covers that end of it the same weekend. This year the 2 will be a bit closer with A-1 moving to Clio I believe

·
Registered
163 Posts
We didn't go this year, we would go every year but last year we went and felt it was a waste of time. The Snocross races brought a lot of excitement but that dwindled over the years also. Maybe they should have it later into the fall. I don't think the economy is as good in this state as some say. No new 2020 sleds to show? I 'm as passionate about sledding as I ever have(52 years of riding) but time has gotten more important to me as I get older. Maybe it's me but even Novi and in away A1 aren't what they were once. Novi seems all about helmets and bibs and A1 is about old rusty stuff that gets rustier every year. Geez, I can't wait for the first snow!

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just noticed No MSA show this year....

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Marion is getting to be a decent swap

·
Registered
2019 Polaris XC 850
962 Posts
Any word on ANY shows or race events scheduled for this year yet??

·
Registered
ski-doo
518 Posts
Any word on ANY shows or race events scheduled for this year yet??
look,s like dodger,s list is gonna be short this year.

as of now , twisting trail,s grass drag,s are still on, twin lake michigan.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My guess is even A-1 will be cancelled this year....I am still crushed over the Haydays announcement.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts