Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this sled guy said it has done 117mph on gps but max speed on sled says 96mph? Any thoughts.. has a ripsaw track and two studs all way up the middle. Said has the 2020 flash Is there anything else I should look for or do

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
If he changed gears and did not have the speedo information changed in the ECU, it could have been that high on the gauge.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I accidentally reset my top speed once on my 800. He may have truth to it. Now my top speed is 105. Was 109. Simple mistake!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The power is so linear on that motor I often found I was going faster than I thought I was.
according to my gauge my top speed was 105.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I reset mine nearly every ride. Either who cares what he said it will do. Get out, try it, and make sure everything is in top shape and it will be as good as it is. If you expect a bone stock, never wrenched on sled to run with a wicked top end you are naive.

·
Registered
20 XCR 850, 21 VR1 650, 21 VR1 850
925 Posts
117 on gps would put max recall into the 120’s. As Phil said there are 840’s obtaining these numbers, well setup 840’s that is. Most everyday riders sleds will never go that fast. But the potential is there.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I "zero" the recorded data in my guage every ride. If you checked my guage, it might only show 78mph max speed. I'd have never even thought someone might expect that to be maintained as a record.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Just picked up this sled guy said it has done 117mph on gps but max speed on sled says 96mph? Any thoughts.. has a ripsaw track and two studs all way up the middle. Said has the 2020 flash Is there anything else I should look for or do

Thanks in advance!

My old sled....It's done the 117 on GPS on plowed ice. The max speed recall is reset able. Plus when removing hood I think it resets the PIDD. Yes it has the 2020 Flash. I would bring it in for the 2021 Flash. I didn't have any issues with 2019 or 2020 mapping but did find the 2020 map was slightly harder on oil. And VES extreme (all i ever used) isn't cheap.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
117 on gps would put max recall into the 120’s. As Phil said there are 840’s obtaining these numbers, well setup 840’s that is. Most everyday riders sleds will never go that fast. But the potential is there.
speedo.jpg

You are bang on...I think 117 GPS was about 123 on the speedo. Here's only pic I found still on my phone. If I remember right that was about 115 GPS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts