Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any Alpha owners ( or any monorail riders) had the scratcher holder on the suspension arm snap off? I bought the sled this way. Missing a scratcher and the welded hanger was snapped off. I could weld another j-hook hanger on there, but holding off because it is still under warranty. In order to utilize the warranty, I would have to order the entire suspension arm and send in the old one and then they will decide whether to cover it or not—According to a local arctic cat dealer. So that would be gambling.

Has this happened to anyone? If so, what did you do? In the meantime, I plan on attaching a metal hose clamp, an older style as opposed to the modern worm gear type, and running a j bolt through it. Then the scratcher can hang on it. This can be removed. Definitely a temporary fix and something I can work with until I figure out whether warranty covers it, or if I end up welding a new hanger on.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
What ?wtf. Is that dealer talking about is this really how they are doing it now. Here is how it should go. If it’s a factory installed part underbelly warranty the dealer looks at it and says yup it’s broke and then makes sure you didn’t modify it. No modafucation they put in warranty claim get the new part put it in off you go. Then they save or send in the broken part it cat wants it to look at why it failed or just for “auditing “ make sure they are actually changing the part. IF airs questionable the dealer should take a few pictures of it and send that to cat. Then they can decide how to proceed based on what they are seeing. Not this other nonsense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts