Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Price
Rare sled with just over 2000 miles. Studded track with one pull out, electric start, QSR 3 r Shocks, upgraded front bumper鈥ould use some elbow grease but seat has no rips and plastic is solid. 8000/OBO or possible sled trades. 馃憤馃徏馃嚭馃嚫
Hood Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Sports equipment Motor vehicle

Green Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire Bicycle part Luggage and bags

Sports gear Sleeve Headgear Personal protective equipment Bag

Plant Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Carbon

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design

Land vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Light

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought so... Just curious as to why you are selling it so quickly after having bought it? Not that it's any of my business of course (curiosity has killed a few cats)
Well here it is and I don鈥檛 mind you asking鈥鈥檓 actually leaning towards keeping it but I bought the sled from a dealer basically sight unseen鈥he pictures looked good鈥.but I should have done my due diligence and checked it out but I really wanted it. Once I saw it first hand I was disappointed in the condition but as I鈥檝e looked at it some more I realize that it鈥檚 still a very nice and rare sled that can be brought back with just a little work.馃憤馃徏馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
21 Indy 650 Launch
Great sled and that's a great price as well. I'm constantly scanning prices on used sleds (it's a sicknesss). I don't think you can find a better deal on an RR.

I have the same problem of being weird about a bolt with rust on it etc. Really makes life difficult. Sometimes envy those guys that can just ride and have fun, change the oil and put em away but it's just not me so I get where you're coming from.

Those shocks are sick, would love a set of those. GLWS I'm sure this will sell.

Registered
Yep, I did that last year. Bought a used sled knowing the snowcheck was going to be late. Drove 5 hours to a dealer and the sled wasn't what it appeared to be in the photos. I should've walked but needed something (2019 8000RR) Corrosion on the clutches and guard, rusty bolts and exhuast, ect.. I clean it up the best I could and shipped it. Was a great sled but my OCD wouldn't allow it LOL.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yep, I did that last year. Bought a used sled knowing the snowcheck was going to be late. Drove 5 hours to a dealer and the sled wasn't what it appeared to be in the photos. I should've walked but needed something (2019 8000RR) Corrosion on the clutches and guard, rusty bolts and exhuast, ect.. I clean it up the best I could and shipped it. Was a great sled but my OCD wouldn't allow it LOL.
Bingo鈥 was just out in the trailer firing the Skime up and taking a short video for a potential buyer and the sled seems to run good and looks good but when you look close those little things you mention bother the hell out of me. Then other issue is that the salesman I dealt with said it was owned by a local doctor and his wife rode the sled and they had seen the sled since the day it was sold which led me to believe they maintained and serviced it every year which clearly wasn鈥檛 the case. Fast forward to a few days ago and I had to call the dealer because I鈥檓 still waiting on the registration and stickers and the guy that handles that is a salesman as well and it turns out the sled was owned by the wife and it was her sons sled鈥.maybe a minor detail but inconsistencies like that bother me.馃し馃徎
At the end of the day the fact remains that I should have done my due diligence before I bought the sled and I didn鈥檛鈥t鈥檚 on me but won鈥檛 happen again.

Registered
its too bad someone left that outside like they did.
get a rag and polish and go to town.
some phosphoric acid and a rag will eat a lot of that surface rust. Metal prep/concrete prep---same stuff. I use it a lot for surface rust and corrosion.

Registered
I had an rs 6000. Bought it new leftover in fall of 2017 for 2018 season. Rode it about 300 miles and sold it at end of year. Kick myself in the ass for letting it go but had my eyes on a 998 at the time. The rs is twisty trail rocket! Great sled!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I emailed BDX/SSI and I鈥檓 going to send them my pipe and have them do their mod and ceramic coat it. I鈥檓 also sending them the stock muffler and having it ceramic coated as well鈥ot only will it look better she鈥檒l have a few more ponies! 馃憤馃徏馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
2014 ZR8000lxr 21-22 mileage 500mi
I used swain tech white lightning on my 04 Zr900 and painted it black. It was perfect for the next 10000 MI I ran it. I also did the same on my 80 Blizzard to stop the rusty pipe and muffler and it too looks like new. Their coatings are not like the typical ceramic paint coating. Look them up. Its worth a Google hit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts