Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a new 2” track and changed my gears to 21-41. I like to upgrade the clutch spring and weights. Any suggestions. I’m over 50 and don’t want to pull my arms out of their socket

·
Registered
296 Posts
Oh, and if you fixture is the kind that needs the clutch removed from the sled, you'll need a clutch puller. They do make holders to do the job on the sled

·
Premium Member
15,830 Posts
All that's needed to do job in sled is a large washer that will fit over the clutch retaining bolt and press against the cover. Then just remove the retaining bolt, install large washer and use it to partially compress the clutch.

Must remove belt first.

Apply just enough compression force to allow removal of the six bolts holding the clutch cover.

Once removed, unscrew the clutch bolt, gradually releasing spring tension. Now cover and spring can be removed. Weights can also be removed.

Use a dry marker to place an alignment mark on the cover and the movable sheave to make sure the cover goes back to its original position and maintain balance. There are Xs on the cover and movable sheave to do this, but can be hard to see.

Do not over torque the cover bolts. Torque the retainer bolt to 80 ft lbs.

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
I just put on a new 2” track and changed my gears to 21-41. I like to upgrade the clutch spring and weights. Any suggestions. I’m over 50 and don’t want to pull my arms out of their socket
SLP magnum force weights loaded at 69.2 grams, yellow venom 120/340 drive spring, and a venom blk./grn. 140/220 driven spring. if you really want it to go?

the thing with any adjustable weights is in the warmer spring riding temp's just remove a screw or two and bring your rpm's right back. the 2017 assault needs to spin @ 8350 rpm for peak performance.

we found SLP weights to out perform daltons down low. by length every time to 300'. up top there about the same. we feel they have better belt squeeze down low.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
SLP magnum force weights loaded at 69.2 grams, yellow venom 120/340 drive spring, and a venom blk./grn. 140/220 driven spring. if you really want it to go?

the thing with any adjustable weights is in the warmer spring riding temp's just remove a screw or two and bring your rpm's right back. the 2017 assault needs to spin @ 8350 rpm for peak performance.

we found SLP weights to out perform daltons down low. by length every time to 300'. up top there about the same. we feel they have better belt squeeze down low.

The magnum force weights are awesome. Worth every penny. I wouldn't even consider a non adjustable weight ever again. Warm today, it's down 100 rpm, instead of living with it, take 2.2 minutes, remove one set screw, back to optimum. Its over revving 200 today, conditions are awesome, trails are hard, and it's cold, 2.5 minutes this time, because you have to add 2 set screws, and back to optimum. Also, I wouldn't use any other style adjustable weight that can't be adjusted like that. Slick as a whistle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts