Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out of the sport for a few years, and bought a leftover 2017 900 Enduro last year mostly for the Air ride suspension/expected it to give a "plush" ride plus I have the 2-up conversion when the wife rides with me/easy to adjust or so I thought.

I am very unhappy as I have tried everything but it either rides too soft (ok in the stutters/just ok not great but is low to the ground snowflap almost dragging on air setting 1 and torsion setting 1, and if I move them both to a firmer setting, the stutters give me shaken baby syndrome and although on 3+ it doesnt bottom easy, it still rides like a brick. I weigh about 270lbs.

I rode a co-workers 850 G4 MXZX for a couple of miles last year, and his sled rode plush (awesome actually). Since we both have rMotions I thought i'd have a better ride than this. Hoping others with Enduros can chime in thanks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Do yourself a favor, cap off the air line and put a good rear shock in the skid and buy the big boy springs for your weight.

Thank me later.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just picked up a leftover 2018 Enduro and have 0 miles on it. I hope the air ride works better for me than yours has.

Just curious if you adjusted the front track shock spring when riding double. A lot of the drivers weight is right over the front of the suspension. On my 2014 900 Adrenaline, I ran the spring tension on its highest setting before replacing it with a different spring. I go about 225 with gear. I think the Enduro has the same front arm spring and shock as the Adrenaline.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Do you have the heavier torsion springs? (270-271} I wiegh about the same as you and had the same problem, installed the stock springs and all is well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You need big-boy springs. Call up your local Doo dealer and tell them your riding weight, ie fully dressed in riding gear with boots and helmet. Theyll get you the right part number for L + R springs for your weight

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would post links but apparently HCS has a dumb rules about needing more posts to post links.

Anyway google this....

dootalk, setting up air ride

Some nice threads on there about getting it set up.

Also, center shock spring should be on the lowest setting. That should never need to be adjusted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m 260# w/‘16 Enduro 900ACE and ride on #2 for normal groomed trails and #3 when the trails get beat up and #4 for extreme dips. Never used #5 and #1 only if temps Hit 190F on flat low snow conditions. Love the Air Ride and I do make changes during the ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts