Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had nothing better to do, no snow, so I took the clutch off my new sled and upon taking it apart I discovered that the rollers on the governor cup are not rollers at all, but are 8 sided. Just wondering if anyone was aware of this change from the previous 2014 -2015 clutch where the roller was made of a high tech plastic, Vespel. The new roller is made of Vespel I assume, but is intended to slide, not roll. My guess is that you can index the roller or slider as they wear. I plan on putting 500 mi. on my sled whenever it snows, and checking the wear on the rollers. Your thoughts.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes, you are correct in that Doo made a change to the rollers in the new e-drive from last year. Hopefully the springs are an upgrade as well as lots of issues with rpm fade. Rev limiter has been raised to 8600 so that is an improvement for those that are clutching for a little more performance. Lots of threads on this over on Doo Talk if you are interested.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yep, Doo went from a roller that had trouble flat spotting to something that was already flat! I guess their thinking may be that if the clutch is tuned for the friction of the new slide/rollers, the performance will be more consistent. They shouldn't cause any flat spots on the flyweights either. Time will tell once the true clutch tuners get a chance to try these.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
They kept on flat spotting, so Doo pre-flat-spotted them.
Problem solved!

I hope the P-drive is ready soon. I will buy a PB80 before rebuilding my eDrive

·
Registered
388 Posts
Maybe you got something there? Boy do we need snow!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are the flat rollers holding up? How long does each flat side last? Do we need to turn to the next flat spot yearly?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a 16 900 ace renegade. I went thru my e drive at 6700 miles, it needed buttons, o rings and new spring but the rollers showed minimal wear.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The hex slides wear very well, if they have slight wear leave them in that position, other wise rotate to next flat and reassemble.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts