Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a heated seat and and another heated shield hookup for wife/kids. Can I splice into the factory heated shield setup? Can that circuit take the extra load?

So end result is that I'd be running 2 heated shields and a heated seat from that circuit.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
the helmets dont draw much and they will be fine but i would run a dedicated circuit for seat that is gonna draw a fair amount of amperage may even what to run a relay to power it up not sure what comes with the seat

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
If you are using the polaris heated seat it comes with harness to wire into axys harness. Plug and play.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This! I installed one on a customers sled a week ago. Very straight fwd and well thought out plug and play
Aftermarket. But I did see a video for the polaris seat. They show hooking up into a connector that my 2016 doesn't have.

·
Banned
8,932 Posts
If you have ES, just run a switch and relay. Switch ignition power iff if key to ‘R’ power. Relay direct to battery. Vada bing.

Reactions: Powa

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Polaris seat comes with the extra harness to retrofit your sled, newer ones like in the video are pre-wired.
If you have ES, just run a switch and relay. Switch ignition power iff if key to ‘R’ power. Relay direct to battery. Vada bing.
I'll consider this. I also read about pulling power from the extra plug dangling from the headlight.

·
Banned
8,932 Posts
Backing way to what you said. Typical.

Any exclamatory sentence can be properly followed by an exclamation mark, to add additional emphasis.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I got an add a fuse an installed it on the 3amp acc fuse, hooked the red power of the relay to that and grounded the black to chassis. Works great an only comes on with engine on. Tusk heated seat kit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts